• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Test Ride & Ordered NC700X - Minnesota USA

MinnetonkaMark

Reaction score
Visit site
My local dealer just received two NC700X, non-DCT/ABS. One is sold.

I was allowed a brief test ride. Between my son and I we currently have 11 motorcycles, so perhaps my observations have some value. For example, to reach the dealer I rode a 2010 Ducati 1098 Streefighter with 152RWHP.

The NC700X has a very low center of gravity, it feels so light and ready to tip into turns. Once in motion the straight-line stability is fantastic, yet it readily turns. The reach to the handlebars and ground are perfect for me, my height is 5', 10". The fit, finish and overall appearance are excellent. The tires were Metzeller, which is a top-grade German brand. I do not care for huge, wide motorcycles. Even with its volumous "gas tank" storage trunk the NC700X is fairly narrow. For example, I compared it to a nearby Suzuki DL650. The NC700X is much narrower, lower, smaller. Exactly what I want.

This NC700X had zero miles, hence no break-in time on the engine. I rode it very gently, but could tell that this will never be a powerful bike. That's not the intention. I'd say that the acceleration is "adequate".

At this point in time the NC700's are being assembled in Japan. Certainly assembly will eventually move to Thailand due to the extremely strong Japanese Yen, so if you prefer Made in Japan, buy it now.

If you are beginner or less experienced rider the NC700 would be an excellent first bike. Its also for the experienced rider who desires its unique characteristics.

I want a NC700X for riding to/from work (52 miles round trip) and for long trips. The appealing points include its long maintenance intervals, excellent fuel economy, high ground clearance, staiblity and realtively compact size.

The engine was engineered to run for a very long time. I can easily imagine 100,000 miles with no internal engine maintenance. For example, it uses cast iron "spiney" cylinder liners. Just by chance, the day before the test ride I was at the factory where these cylinder liners are manufactured. Top notch attention to quality.

I ordered a NC700X with DCT/ABS. Should arrive in late August.

This YouTube video shows Casey Stoner demonstrating the DCT transmission on the Honda MotoGP race bike. Watch this video and you'll understand DCT. Its a 21st century method for selecting transmission gears.
An onboard lap of Sepang with Casey Stoner - YouTube

Mark

Back