• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Tall windshield

Oboedave

Reaction score
Visit site
I've had my 2021 NC about 2 weeks. Already thinking about a taller windshield. What's your recommendation? Will be installing Givi handguards if that's an issue Thanks

You may want to have this moved to the NC750X specific section to get more responses.

Honda changed the windshield mounts for 2021. To my knowledge, the following are available:
- Honda tall screen
- CalSci screens
- Various 'add-on' wings

Puig and Givi say they have them in development. Madstad is looking for a volunteer to help develop a system for the 2021. You need to be near their FL factory. You get a free system for your troubles.

In the meantime, I have added a Laminar Lip and am very happy with it so far.

Hope this helps.

You may want to have this moved to the NC750X specific section to get more responses.

Honda changed the windshield mounts for 2021. To my knowledge, the following are available:
- Honda tall screen
- CalSci screens
- Various 'add-on' wings

Puig and Givi say they have them in development. Madstad is looking for a volunteer to help develop a system for the 2021. You need to be near their FL factory. You get a free system for your troubles.

In the meantime, I have added a Laminar Lip and am very happy with it so far.

Hope this helps.
My first post so I’ll see about moving my post. The Madstad looks like it will be worth waiting for. I’m in Virginia or I’d try to help out. I’m waiting for a production run of brackets that easily let the existing shield go up and down. Might settle for that short term. Plus I actually like the short shield for the summer as long as the ride isn’t too long.
Thanks for the help and info.

My first post so I’ll see about moving my post. The Madstad looks like it will be worth waiting for. I’m in Virginia or I’d try to help out. I’m waiting for a production run of brackets that easily let the existing shield go up and down. Might settle for that short term. Plus I actually like the short shield for the summer as long as the ride isn’t too long.
Thanks for the help and info.
I'm a strong advocate of the Madstad for the pre-21 model year bikes and suspect the 21+ model Madstads will be very good.

If you have hand guards you may need to slightly modify the width of the lower portion of your Madstad to accommodate the hand guards are full turn. Maybe not. A few members have used a belt sander to reduce the lower width of their prior year Madstads to accommodate hand guards. A little acetone carefully wiped along the edge after sanding should give it a nice finished look. Not everyone found this necessary and it may depend upon how high/low the Madstad owner mounts his screen, as well as screen angle, and brand of hand guard. It will be interesting to hear if hand guards fit with the model year 21 screens.

Using bar risers that set the bars rearward usually reduces the chance of hand guard / Madstad interference.

Back