• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Tail light mod

rippin209

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok so my tail light bracket has been broken for a long time and I worry it's going to just fall off one day
3c6dd271b1a4453aca83457a2c302ab3.jpg

The bracket is broken where I put the yellow mark, my salutation was to do a tidy tail type fix
db310aef02440c577f9eea2477f7522b.jpg

But while I was at it a was thinking of having a buddy of mine that works with sheet metal make a storage box that mounts under the rear fender.

Even with the suspension fully compressed there's still a bit of space, I think there's enough room to fit storage compartment where I could fit a compact air compressor and plug set [emoji41]

Any reason this isn't a good idea?

Last edited:
I was thinking something like this, then mounting my brake light and turn signals to that box
fc4a5cab094df26db2687bd42da7f9c6.jpg

Last edited:
I say we're only limited by our ability, imagination, time and money. If you build it, they might come.

Agreed.

See what can be done, try it, test it out, tweak it as necessary, report back to us. If it works it might even be marketable.

The only thing I noticed is if the turn signals are much closer I think they interfere with side bags (or maybe just my saddle bags). That's the only thing that's stopped me. I don't really like the mini turn signals either because I don't think they offer enough visibility.

Hi Rippin209
My first impression…..why not.
Do you have ‘package size’ you require to fit compressor and plugs etc, and looking to store this only, or maybe
going wider for more storage!
If you have saddlebags permanent on the bike you could go outboard to the bags giving more
storage and maybe mounting turn signals on the back.
Cosmetically tying into the bikes rear body work may be tricky if that concerns you, also blending in to
The rear fender under the bike.
Will follow along and interested how your ideas develop
All the best Steve

Hi Rippin209
My first impression…..why not.
Do you have ‘package size’ you require to fit compressor and plugs etc, and looking to store this only, or maybe
going wider for more storage!
If you have saddlebags permanent on the bike you could go outboard to the bags giving more
storage and maybe mounting turn signals on the back.
Cosmetically tying into the bikes rear body work may be tricky if that concerns you, also blending in to
The rear fender under the bike.
Will follow along and interested how your ideas develop
All the best Steve
At a minimum yes, I have a slime compact air compressor already dimensions are
6.5 x 4.2 x 2 inches
So not very big, that plus plugs, reaming tool and install, and a rag so it's not just rattling against metal.

I'm not to concerned about the look and do plan on spray painting it silver or black just so it's not shiny metal, I rarely wash my motorcycle so I'm sure it'll be covered in a layer of dirt, grime and chain oil anyway.

I don't want to make it larger then necessary, then I'll just have the stuff inside bouncing around, I already carry more then enough tools in my frunk, this is more of a road emergency kit, now after writing this out I'm thinking about possibly putting medical supplies in there, just something simple like a tourniquet, gauze that type of stuff, just something to keep you from bleeding out.

Now I'm thinking of making it a bit larger but nothing is set in stone, still trying to think of stuff like that, thanks for the ideas and inspiration.

I'm trying to decide on how to mount the rear light, turn signals and plate I'm sticking with stock (or at least that's the plan as of now) and what kind of latching system to use on this box

To answer the question about my side cases, yes they are on 99%+ of the time

If this ends up coming out nice enough I'll ask my buddy if he wants to make a few more to sale

Ok so my tail light bracket has been broken for a long time and I worry it's going to just fall off one day
3c6dd271b1a4453aca83457a2c302ab3.jpg

The bracket is broken where I put the yellow mark, my salutation was to do a tidy tail type fix
db310aef02440c577f9eea2477f7522b.jpg

But while I was at it a was thinking of having a buddy of mine that works with sheet metal make a storage box that mounts under the rear fender.

Even with the suspension fully compressed there's still a bit of space, I think there's enough room to fit storage compartment where I could fit a compact air compressor and plug set [emoji41]

Any reason this isn't a good idea?
Is that your bike in the second picture?

I added this admore brake light as an extra. It should work just as well as a replacement.

20220928_153622.jpg
It was a little bit of a pain to install. But also makes it very hard to steal the plates.

20220928_153632.jpg

Back