• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

T-Rex Racing....Engine Guard....Skid Plate....Luggage Rack

Kiyoti

Reaction score
Visit site
Just checking out the different "add-ons" for the 750X.
Was curious if any had used any of the T-Rex parts...??
Just did get involved with a 2018 DCT and am outfitting it.
New to the NC ways so am trying to learn.

Just looked at the skid plate. Any skid plate with a lot of holes in it makes little sense if the off-pavement riding you do has a lot of branches and sticks. Even with just one hole for oil drain like mine, stuff happens.

The story: at one point I felt quite an impact. After that I was hearing a grinding sound every time I leaned hard to the left. What I found was a 16-inch stake jammed up through the skid plate's oil drain hole. As hard as I was trying to avoid surface obstacles how did THAT happen? Probably picked it up when I was off the pavement and it took awhile to shift into a position that dragged during leaning.

2020-04-21 15;58;24 by greenboy, on Flickr

Just looked at the skid plate. Any skid plate with a lot of holes in it makes little sense if the off-pavement riding you do has a lot of branches and sticks. Even with just one hole for oil drain like mine, stuff happens.

The story: at one point I felt quite an impact. After that I was hearing a grinding sound every time I leaned hard to the left. What I found was a 16-inch stake jammed up through the skid plate's oil drain hole. As hard as I was trying to avoid surface obstacles how did THAT happen? Probably picked it up when I was off the pavement and it took awhile to shift into a position that dragged during leaning.

2020-04-21 15;58;24 by greenboy, on Flickr

...that does seem like a "perfect storm" with that...!!!
Not a dedicated off pavement rider....but I do not want to stop at the gate and not go in if it is available to enter.
Within reason of course...!!!
Any with some recommendations....I'm all ears when in the learning process.

Back