• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Switches

Same here I think, I think it's illegal, you see sometimes truckies giving the thumbs down sign meaning the police are up-ahead so watch out. I drove across the US and standard of driving was generally petty good except when it rains I thought that sometimes people where too close to the car in front, closer than I would. Risky. All in pretty good drivers, though the sheer size of the roads gives you more room to escape..

Hey Happy, I think you are correct about most Americans regarding big bikes. I, for one, don't care for Harley's, cruisers, or crotchrockets. In fact, if the NC700X didn't come out, I'm not sure I would be riding. The NC700X is EXACTLY what I wanted (actually, I was searching for a used TransAlp as I like this type of bike). And, I am glad our price is low enough for my wife not to have a heart-attack (and say no) for my very first bike. I'll take our current price over the missing options that EU has for their standard bike.

Hey Happy, I think you are correct about most Americans regarding big bikes. I, for one, don't care for Harley's, cruisers, or crotchrockets. In fact, if the NC700X didn't come out, I'm not sure I would be riding. The NC700X is EXACTLY what I wanted (actually, I was searching for a used TransAlp as I like this type of bike). And, I am glad our price is low enough for my wife not to have a heart-attack (and say no) for my very first bike. I'll take our current price over the missing options that EU has for their standard bike.

Another possibility is that Americans have the hobby to customise their bikes, so they came in as vanilla as possible. They bring it home, and put on the chrome and bells and kitchensink.

Europeans will just take the model with the most accessorised version from the showroom and then ride it from day 1.

My friend just took a showroom Triumph Speed Triple, with upgraded suspensions, seats and exhaust pipe. He paid just a nominal add-on fee of 1000chf for the street value of 5000chf for these parts.

It is just my perception. I am waiting for our American friends here to say I am wrong.
:p
Be gentle on me, please...

I just don't know why ours don't have the HISS security, ABS (standard), and flash-to-pass. I know it's to keep the costs down; what are our European brothers paying for their NCX, and then convert it to US $$?

How about only standard ABS and without the choice of DCT and many others with a price tag of $8999 and crazy high Canadian tax. Does that make you feel better? :p

Wow!!! Ok...after reading about some of these "outta the country" prices, I feel a little better about what they were quoting me out the door here in central Texas. Here's the breakdown...
bike 6999.00
frieght 610.00
Assembly 265.00
floor tax 16.21
sales tax (@6.25%) 492.13
title & license 81.50
doc fee 50.00
something I can't recall 14.50
Total out the door $8528.34US
This would include a free Honda center stand installed

The assembly charge is still throwing me. When they showed me the bike in the crate, it looked completely assembled. Just what do they have to do after uncrating it other than installing the battery and fluids???

Can hardly wait until after the first of the year to get my own.

I for one am glad our bikes don't come with HISS. If you ever have to replace the ignition switch you also have to replace the ECU because the bike won't work with a different key (at least from what I've read on vfr forums).

Do wish we could get ABS at least as an option on the manual

I for one am glad our bikes don't come with HISS. If you ever have to replace the ignition switch you also have to replace the ECU because the bike won't work with a different key (at least from what I've read on vfr forums).

Do wish we could get ABS at least as an option on the manual

Sorry, I did not get this TBH.
It is an added security feature and you say it hampers you if you should ever need to replace the ignition?
I cannot quote an analogy but I think something's not quite right, saying it is not a good thing to have.
Anyway, ride safe!
:D

Thieves here doesn't care if they can turn on the bike or not, they just load the bike in their van, dismount and sell it for parts. And insurance companies doesn't care too if you have an alarm or an inmobileiser or nothing.

So, if the HISS system were an option to pay for, I would not pay for it.

More stuff to fail for me. If someone wants your bike around here, HISS wont stop them. They will just load it in a pickup or trailer.
My wife had to buy a $200.00 key for her Jetta before. No thanks!
For crooks I prefer a 44 magnum or 12 GA. Seems to work good at my place.

Understood. We in Switzerland are a geek for gadgets and techno features... The HISS feature was an attraction for me. If thief steals it, at least he cannot ride it away for joy ride. If stolen fully and not found in 2-3 months, the insurer pays me new bike. Easy. :)

Back