• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Switches

So.....US riders should not "pass"....other riders?
:p

I usually use it to warn incoming traffic of hidden radar cameras (illegal to do that though).

Yeah, most of the car drivers here in the US are so brain dead or hyped up on testosterone they wouldn't notice or intentionally run you off the road with their massive SUV's if we had the flashing feature.

I just don't know why ours don't have the HISS security, ABS (standard), and flash-to-pass. I know it's to keep the costs down; what are our European brothers paying for their NCX, and then convert it to US $$?

Well at least we can get it, since its on our European family's bikes. Actuating the switch doesn't bother me that much though.
I have a feeling this bike will have a lot of money in it when I'm done.

I just don't know why ours don't have the HISS security, ABS (standard), and flash-to-pass. I know it's to keep the costs down; what are our European brothers paying for their NCX, and then convert it to US $$?

Much more than you. Here at Spain I paid for my NCX equiped with ABS and manual gearbox 7,000 €, this would be about 8,800 US$ at the current exchange rate.

It's my understanding people at the north of Europe pay even much more money than me

HTH

What? No HISS? Isn't that Standard Honda?
Come on!!!!!

What is Honda USA thinking? WT...!!@#!@#@!
What about those DCT ones?
All of the above?

I must still say (again) that I really got a real good deal with mine. 8010chf, manual and with all the above bells and whistles.
Sorry guys....
:eek:

Yah, you shouldn't complaint at 6699... because us west coasters are paying full msrp plus dealer fees..... The lowest around Los Angeles area is about $8200 out the door. A forum member here is actually flying down to Oklahoma to pick up an NC700x. After the cost of the trip, etc, he'd still save about $1000.

Peter

The pillow wasn't for a head rest, after two days in the saddle he will know what its for.
Nah, the two days bike riding will mold him to a genuin bike rider! ;-)

The NC700X is in Sweden 74.900 Skr, about 11.500 USD. This includes ABS, HISS, tools, 'the switch', smoke tinted direction indicators and NO ugly U.S. red and yellow round side reflexes ;-)

The NC700XD is in Sweden 79.900 Skr, about 12.300 USD. It includes all the above and the DCT gearbox.

So, we have to discuss about who has the right to be included in the 'whining and nagging department! We do get more, but also has to pay the price for it. The question to ask is why we have these differances. We do all have 'price wars' all over the world, so no differences there. The US bike market is more oriented towards big tourers and 'biker bikes', that is Harleys and their cousins. This might be a reason to find the difference, that to be able to sell 'odd bike cathegories' like the Honda NC700X, there has to be an extra price lure to attract people. And that is done as a stripped down version of an European bike.

What do you say people? Do you have any other reasons to share about our 'differences'?

Last edited:
US East coast is full MSRP plus dealer fees as well. I paid about $8100 out the door, including the deposit put down in the beginning of June to hold the bike whenever it should arrive. It was made very clear that there was quite a bit of interest in the NCX already, and that if I didn't purchase it, my deposit would be refunded (I guess they're usually non-refundable?) because there were 4 or 5 other people on an NCX waiting list there.

As to the point of the thread, we don't have alarm or the flash to pass button standard. My hubby just picked up a Versys that does have the flash to pass button, but until then I have never seen it over here- at least not on the bikes that any of my friends own.

As my commute is on the main motorway from the channel ports to London which is full of lorries (trucks) both British and foriegn I find the headlight flasher very usefull. the most common incident on this road is a left hand drive lorry pulling out to overtake and side swipeing another vechile

Nah, the two days bike riding will mold him to a genuin bike rider! ;-)

The NC700X is in Sweden 74.900 Skr, about 11.500 USD. This includes ABS, HISS, tools, 'the switch', smoke tinted direction indicators and NO ugly U.S. red and yellow round side reflexes ;-)

The NC700XD is in Sweden 79.900 Skr, about 12.300 USD. It includes all the above and the DCT gearbox.

So, we have to discuss about who has the right to be included in the 'whining and nagging department! We do get more, but also has to pay the price for it. The question to ask is why we have these differances. We do all have 'price wars' all over the world, so no differences there. The US bike market is more oriented towards big tourers and 'biker bikes', that is Harleys and their cousins. This might be a reason to find the difference, that to be able to sell 'odd bike cathegories' like the Honda NC700X, there has to be an extra price lure to attract people. And that is done as a stripped down version of an European bike.

What do you say people? Do you have any other reasons to share about our 'differences'?

US market is a strange place. Compared to the EU zone, I think we get more bike for the buck and we get all sorts of nice bells and whistles.

I am not that experienced and not that old that I can comment how which bikes (US version and Europe version) compare with each global zones.
What I do see over the years is that US bikers love BIG cc's, BAD-ASS Harleys, Loud Pipes, big Torque, big horsepowers, and so on.
The appetite for domination over the neighbour's bike is so great, they can even build turbo chargers for the Hayabusa and so on.

European market on the other hand, is more about fine technology advances.
Machined elegance and precision (say BMWs compared to Harleys).
Europeans are also more fuel-conscious and Earth-friendly etc.
Pardeon me, as I cannot say it too well with my limited choice of English expressions.
It is no surprise to me that US got a "raw" deal for the Manual trans compared to the European buyers. European buyers are more discerning regarding technology gadgets and so on. I agree that the US version is probably the bare minimum version to lower price.

I am referring to the GENERAL US biker population and in no way talking about our more learned US friends in this forum here.
:p

Now, let's throw in the Japanese market for comparison. Are they more American or more European? Japan has also limited Japan-domestic editions. I have not seen or heard about one for the NCX, but this type of Japan-local version does exist for many of their vehicles.
Japanese models usually come with more gadgets as well, compared to the export models.

Last edited:
Back