• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Swiss roads: First video on my NCX

happy

Site Supporter
Reaction score
www.nc700-forum.com
Video scrolldown:

Homemade Camera bracket:
e6f9c813.jpg

f74dd074.jpg

[video=youtube_share;iWKVOPPCkHo]http://youtu.be/iWKVOPPCkHo[/video]

Very nice Joe! I do like the alps area, the small towns (dorf) and the country roads. Do try to center the camera on the road and the experience will get even better.

Hi there again supermek! We have a similar problem with recording decent sound while riding. You probably heard the sound on the videos we posted. DoPro is a bit expensive, looks like for all, but you may want to try and get the camera behind the screen, that does help a bit. That camera you're using does not accept an external mic? Wish ours does, but not! I guess that's why most bike videos are accompanied by hot rock sound tracks! Nice to play with though.
Keep well!

Thanks for all the encouraging comments.

I do plan to make more videos to "show off" Switzerland and her twisty roads. That first video is not even about twisty roads, it was just a test run.

I used a simple bicycle mount with little shock absorption measures to test the vibration levels. Next I am going to wrap the joints with cork (wine cork stoppers) to reduce the vibrations.

I used also a simple Digital camera (this belongs to my 5-yr old daughter) and it worked quite well. It was in middle quality setting, while it can record full 780p Full HD also. This camera costs like 69chf (yes no typo).The 2Gb card can take 25mins of medium quality. A full 32Gb....lots of time.

I do need to figure out a solution for the lens cover (glass filter). There are lots of flies here and if one hits into the lens, it is not easy to clean it, because the lens is so small.

Thanks to tanserf's inspiration, I am also keen to DIY now. Surely I can afford all the GoPros etc etc, but it is more fun and satisfying to build your own Ark.

:DLater...~Joe

Last edited:
A short afternoon lunch and ride.
15 mins from my home.
Please lower the audio volume.
Enjoy.

[video=youtube_share;cE_azYjF-ZI]http://youtu.be/cE_azYjF-ZI[/video]

=====
Albispass

[video=youtube_share;lTUp1AGtLHw]http://youtu.be/lTUp1AGtLHw[/video]

Hello happy,
we are amazed by the picture quality here! Lovely roads too! One of the selling points for the GoPro items is their sound, apparently they spent more time in R&D on the sound than other manufacturers spent on the whole camera! It shows.
Thanks for sharing, can't wait for your next post.

Hello happy,
we are amazed by the picture quality here! Lovely roads too! One of the selling points for the GoPro items is their sound, apparently they spent more time in R&D on the sound than other manufacturers spent on the whole camera! It shows.
Thanks for sharing, can't wait for your next post.

Thanks Tania for your kind words.
I read before someone said swiss roads are quite useless because we have speed limit. Bah.

I ride these roads on sunny non-raining days only, for leisure.

Please post some of your videos too. Otherwise I will again be the only one hogging the forum bandwidth...
:p

I just bought a new 16Gb SD card....good for 200minutes at 480p res.

Back