• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Swiss and Austrian Alps Ride

PortlandZinMan

Site Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I finally pulled the trigger on a bucket list ride. My cousin in London has invited me to tag along with him on a 10 day tour of (start in Kent, UK) France, Switzerland, Austria, Germany and Italy. The only thing missing will be my wonderful NC700 steed, but I have rented a decent replacement - Triumph 800 Speed Triple ABS with a full set of side and top cases. We will be hitting the amazing roads (Google some of these - wow) and visiting some amazing places. Highlights include:

• Black Forest
• Furka mountain pass
• Grimsel mountain pass
• Susten mountain pass
• Arlberg mountain pass
• Silveretta mountain pass
• Piller mountain pass
• Ressia mountain pass
• Weissseespitze Glacier
• Swiss panoramic train journeys
• Ski resort of Grindewald
• Ski resort of Wengen
• Trummelbach waterfalls
• Medieval town of Glorenza
• Stelvio mountain pass
• Umbrail mountain pass

I am going to set up some sort of blog and try best to document the adventure. I will have a GoPro on the helmet and the ever faithful iPhone for stills. Trip is in late June, early July so the weather should be decent. Using a local outfit that arranges the self guided tour and handles all the paperwork, lodging, most meals, etc...

Anyone else here done something like this?

Well, I finally pulled the trigger on a bucket list ride. My cousin in London has invited me to tag along with him on a 10 day tour of (start in Kent, UK) France, Switzerland, Austria, Germany and Italy. The only thing missing will be my wonderful NC700 steed, but I have rented a decent replacement - Triumph 800 Speed Triple ABS with a full set of side and top cases. We will be hitting the amazing roads (Google some of these - wow) and visiting some amazing places. Highlights include:

• Black Forest
• Furka mountain pass
• Grimsel mountain pass
• Susten mountain pass
• Arlberg mountain pass
• Silveretta mountain pass
• Piller mountain pass
• Ressia mountain pass
• Weissseespitze Glacier
• Swiss panoramic train journeys
• Ski resort of Grindewald
• Ski resort of Wengen
• Trummelbach waterfalls
• Medieval town of Glorenza
• Stelvio mountain pass
• Umbrail mountain pass

I am going to set up some sort of blog and try best to document the adventure. I will have a GoPro on the helmet and the ever faithful iPhone for stills. Trip is in late June, early July so the weather should be decent. Using a local outfit that arranges the self guided tour and handles all the paperwork, lodging, most meals, etc...

Anyone else here done something like this?

I hope you have a great time. Be careful of the speed. One of my good friends did some riding in Germany and neighboring countries. From his description he gave me the impression that they drove at much higher speeds than I have experience with.

Being pedantic, there is no such thing as a "Triumph 800 Speed Triple", there is a Tiger 800, a Speed triple (1000), and a Street triple 765.

For travel I hope you got a Tiger 800 ;)

And yeah wonderful trip.

Being pedantic, there is no such thing as a "Triumph 800 Speed Triple", there is a Tiger 800, a Speed triple (1000), and a Street triple 765.

For travel I hope you got a Tiger 800 ;)

And yeah wonderful trip.

Good catch - yes - it is a Tiger 800 - here is the exact bike...

Attachments

• Tiger800black.jpg
    Tiger800black.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 94
And a great bike. The triple is a wonderful engine (got a Street 675 along the NC).

Back