• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Swing arm guards?

JoeZ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone know where you can get "simple" Swing Arm Guards? It's hard to believe that someone hasn't produced very simple protective rubber straps that simply clasp onto the rear Swing Arm. I have my NC700 pretty well covered with protection... But protecting the left side Swing Arm is eluding me. I've seen limited options but either not functional, not practical or available. Anyone have more info on the subject? :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 375
Does anyone know where you can get "simple" Swing Arm Guards? It's hard to believe that someone hasn't produced very simple protective rubber straps that simply clasp onto the rear Swing Arm. I have my NC700 pretty well covered with protection... But protecting the left side Swing Arm is eluding me. I've seen limited options but either not functional, not practical or available. Anyone have more info on the subject? :)
I guess your contact on eBay never got back to you with the fix for his swing arm guards?

I have been on a long search for swing arm and frame sliders.just trying to find which would do the best at a good price.the search continues.

I feel ya. I have yet to talk myself into buying them. Which for me is impressive because I can talk myself into buying about anything.

Yeah, the price tag keeps me hesitant ... I mean looking on Amazon ... Most of these for other bikes range between $20 - $50 max. :-/

Drawback to Cotton Reel setup

I just don't see spools attached to a rubber strap as being sufficient protection. I fear you might have to bite the bullet and buy the R&G "cotton reel" setup. R&G "Cotton Reel" swingarm spools for Honda NC700S & NC700X '12-'14 - TwistedThrottle.com They are pricey but they would do the job of protecting the swing arm and they can be used to with a rear stand as well.
The problem I see with the "cotton reel" setup is if you put your bike up on a rear trackstand, you cannot remove the rear wheel. Not very handy for rear wheel work. Also it may get in the way when adjusting the chain?
I am used to having swingarm spools and using a trackstand instead of a centerstand for working on the rear of my bike. I was all in for this product about 2 years ago until I realized the drawbacks to this system.:(

I already have a center stand on my NC.... Just looking to save the arm in case I take a drop. Don't need it for lifting ... I did see a strange rod/ bar guard for the rear of the bike sold someplace in Europe but not sure on the product's integrity / cost etc.... And it's not easily available :-/ and it's not esthetically pleasing on the eye.... Here's a pic.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 226
Back