• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

SW-Motech Rack Installed!

Scrambles

Reaction score
Visit site
I installed a SW-Motech rear rack. It holds the tail bag great but now I need a way to hold out my saddlebags. The SW-Motech saddlebag rack is $287 and I really don't want to spend that kind of money. Has anyone done a setup like this and made something to hold the saddlebags? I did see a frame made from PVC pipe, that may be an option.

IMG_20170408_122804493.jpgIMG_20170408_181323359.jpg

Last edited:
I messed around for hours to find a good way to hold my saddle bags. Can be done but have not seen anything home made that is not a compromise. I finally bit the bullet and bought the sw motech quick release side racks. They are great and you can go back and forth from a touring bike to the around the town commuter in 10 minutes. I really like being able to quickly remove the side racks and leave my soft saddle bags attached to the side racks. The initial purchase was painful but really recommend them.

IMG_0593.jpg

I like the SW Motech and have a set. Behind the left rack I have mounted a tool tube that fits perfect. In fact I believe there may be room for two of them on that side.

Hi, I made a bracket to hold my saddlebags clear of the rear wheel.
I don't know how to load photos to the forum but if you pm me your e-mail address I can send some pictures to you.
Iain

Back