• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Suzuki to Stay in the Motorcycle Market

admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
“I know they’re wrong…when I see those rumours it’s easy for me to feel confident that they’re wrong.”

So says Suzuki GB’s Director of Motorcycles, Paul de Lusignan, in an interview with MCN regarding an eyebrow-raising rumour that Suzuki is exiting the motorcycle market.

Suzuki's MotoGP team, which will be rendered moot as of 2023. Media sourced from RideApart.
Suzuki’s MotoGP team, which will be rendered moot as of 2023. Media sourced from RideApart.

While the backing out of MotoGP and the World Endurance Championship are very much realities for the Japanese motorcycle manufacturer, the brand’s about-face hop toward the future took more than a few of us by surprise; now, with Suzuki no longer needing to sustain the financial hurdle of racing, we’re told that those millions in funds will be ‘plunged into the development of fresh future motorcycles.’

Suzuki's MotoGP team, which will be rendered moot as of 2023. Media sourced from RideApart.
Suzuki’s MotoGP team, which will be rendered moot as of 2023. Media sourced from MCN.

“The ceasing of the racing is a commitment that we’re investing more time and energy and resources into the development of future products,” de Lusignan says. 

“We will continue to bring new models to market and you will see new stuff from us.” 

Suzuki's win as World Endurance Champion. Media sourced from MCN.
Suzuki’s win as World Endurance Champion. Media sourced from MCN.

With the last fully redeveloped large-capacity motorcycle coming in 2017 as the iconic GSX-R1000, there’s been more than a little speculation on what’s going to happen to Suzuki’s current range.

New bikes mean new commitment to the future’s emission compliance, so regardless of today’s gixxer machines, we know Suzuki will be ‘moving into fresh markets’ – and those new ranges will very likely be the ones that show Suzuki’s new move toward sustainability.

A view of the side fairing on Suzuki's MotoGP team, which will be rendered moot as of 2023. Media sourced from Sports Illustrated.
A view of the side fairing on Suzuki’s MotoGP team, which will be rendered moot as of 2023. Media sourced from Sports Illustrated.

“I can’t talk about future models that might come specifically, but generally what I would say is we’re aware of the changes in the market of course,” de Lusignan continues.

“…the move away from sports bikes to adventure bikes and then to the popularity of middleweight bikes…we’ve seen that happening and we will be developing models that are going to appeal to customers in the future…markets that we’re not currently in, for sure.” 

There you have it, folks.

Be sure to stay tuned via our shiny new webpage, drop a comment below lettins us know what you think, and as ever – stay safe on the twisties.

*Media sourced from MCN, RideApart Suzuki and Sports Illustrated*​

The post Suzuki to Stay in the Motorcycle Market appeared first on webBikeWorld.

Continue reading...

Back