• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Summer Adventure 2018

Thanks for doing this ride report. I know how much work they can be. Us Walter Mitty's love riding along.

That box is a 20-gallon project Tote box from Home Depot. It carries my sleeping bag and my tent. It's light durable waterproof and $20. It does a lot of things well even if it looks funny. ☺
Thanks for sharing the R/R buddy, it sure is nice for the rest of us to follow along with you! Dude, that top box is H-U-G-E..!! You could almost part-out your bike in it and ship it home!! :{)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I got soaked again on the way to Grants New Mexico, but it was a long scenic, ride through a reservation.

It stopped raining long enough to set up the tent. Went into town for dinner got soaked again!

Back at the camp, it rained all night long and then cleared up in the morning so I could pack up dry.

It's been a good day. Today I'm off to Trinidad Colorado.
732278a956f7047420ffd17565fc1e53.jpg
6d10b588270f3ee491c71f5a31ead340.jpg
c5b28876338a2af006c7dfbdd7ff3318.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

1WG, i remember those seasons of Monsoons. I was in Tucson from 83'-90'. Loved that time every year, such a relief from the incessant heat and everything bloomed so nicely! :{)

I've spent the evening in Trinidad, CO with family.
Tomorrow, off to lake Sheridan in KS. O
325 miles.

Thanks for looking in on this trip.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

OK... the big summer adventure trip is done. Thank you all for looking in on Glympse. My phone alerts me when someone is watching and lets me know how many looked in.

Today's final leg (325) from KS to Omaha went well. I packed in the steam and heat that I never expected from KS.

At one point, the skies opened up, and it rained so hard, I put on the Emergency flashers and went along at 40 MPH. I'm not good at predicting rain and changing into the rain gear BEFORE the deluge. If I could get better at something, it would that!

Packing clothing (and everything else) in zip lock bags large and small really saved me from even more headache. Recommended.
one large bag for each kind of item: shirts, t-shirts, socks... it kept them all dry and made them easy to pack since they were in many smaller bags.

I will take my oldest daughter out to dinner as a thank you for letting me stay a few nights. I'll be doing the same trip in reverse sequence starting Sunday.

I'll leave you with this view of the Omaha skyline, as my family know it.

Safe Travels,

-- Strat Tuner
(so named because I can repair and tune Stratocaster Guitars, but I can't play them!)
33872f7d048e46e5b9c3dab6d9d09d3a.jpg

OK... the big summer adventure trip is done. Thank you all for looking in on Glympse. My phone alerts me when someone is watching and lets me know how many looked in.

Today's final leg (325) from KS to Omaha went well. I packed in the steam and heat that I never expected from KS.

At one point, the skies opened up, and it rained so hard, I put on the Emergency flashers and went along at 40 MPH. I'm not good at predicting rain and changing into the rain gear BEFORE the deluge. If I could get better at something, it would that!

Packing clothing (and everything else) in zip lock bags large and small really saved me from even more headache. Recommended.
one large bag for each kind of item: shirts, t-shirts, socks... it kept them all dry and made them easy to pack since they were in many smaller bags.

I will take my oldest daughter out to dinner as a thank you for letting me stay a few nights. I'll be doing the same trip in reverse sequence starting Sunday.

I'll leave you with this view of the Omaha skyline, as my family know it.

Safe Travels,

-- Strat Tuner
(so named because I can repair and tune Stratocaster Guitars, but I can't play them!)
33872f7d048e46e5b9c3dab6d9d09d3a.jpg

Excuse me but it is only half over... intermission has now begun...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The return trip starts on Sunday. I'll post more pictures. The Glympse will be up 6am to6pm.

Back