• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

STREET FX TIRE TECHNIX !! Lighted valve stems create ring effect !! SWEEEEET !!

Jay Fridays

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I just found these lighted valve stems by STREET FX... they look pretty sweet. Use a tiny battery and motion activated to light up a like a colored ring inside your wheel.... anybody ever seen these?!? I WANT IT !!! ...lol

:rolleyes:

Good looking. The Goldwing folks buy the ring of fire, but your idea is a simple install with no wiring. Great idea!

Ya, I have seen quite a few different concepts, but this seemed the easiest by far...

As simple as screwing on a valve stem cap...lol

Don't want the light?! just unscrew the cap and take out the battery. DONE...

It doesn't draw power when parked, and the LEDs should last forever on a single battery... just curious about the legalities... probably frowned upon in Cali.... sheeeesh...
Good thing I'm a bit of a rebel...lol

:rolleyes:

The reviews on this aren't very good... not sure I'd spend the $$ on them

View attachment 6437

I don't know... There are a ton of mixed reviews... a lot are bad, but a lot are REALLY good !!

They are only $15 bucks... If I don't like them, or they don't work, I will just return them and get my money back... I can gamble on $15 bucks with a return policy.

I would imagine you will want to have metal valve stems with those, just as it is recommended/ required for those T.P.M.S. valve caps with little batteries in them. The extra weight may cause the rubber valve stem to fail.

I would imagine you will want to have metal valve stems with those, just as it is recommended/ required for those T.P.M.S. valve caps with little batteries in them. The extra weight may cause the rubber valve stem to fail.

Huh?!?! Did you hear of that happening? Or is that a speculation in the dark? I didn't read anything like that in the reviews... :confused:

I don't know... There are a ton of mixed reviews... a lot are bad, but a lot are REALLY good !!

They are only $15 bucks... If I don't like them, or they don't work, I will just return them and get my money back... I can gamble on $15 bucks with a return policy.

Well this is a win-win situation then for the rest of us, we can wait to hear your review of them and then decide if we want to buy.

smiley wink.jpg

I just got the Tire-techs.... they are super light-weight plastic... They feel about as heavy as the original caps...

silver though... I think we're gonna need a little plasti-dip here...lol

Need to wait till tonight to get a good look at them in action.... but there will be a video to follow....

How much do they weigh? They look at least as heavy as a wheel weight. You might have to re-balance. I'm also curious about the battery life. Those button cells only last for so long.

How much do they weigh? They look at least as heavy as a wheel weight. You might have to re-balance. I'm also curious about the battery life. Those button cells only last for so long.

It weighs 7.5 grams. A nickle weighs 5grams. hold two nickles in your hand, it's lighter than than...lol

THey are super lightweight, hollow plastic

A single wheel weight weighs 2.5 grams. These have the potential to put you off balance by about 3 wheel weights. That can cause a significant imbalance which will negatively affect ride smoothness, handling and tire wear.

Just pay attention on the first few rides for any pulsing sensations or any new "oddities" you encounter during the ride.

I think you'd get a very similar effect from wheel reflectors, but without affecting the wheel balance or worrying about batteries or legalities. I know it's on my list.

Back