• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Stock windscreen adaptor to raise height

This product reminds me of the early editions of the Madstad bracket for the Suzuki V-Strom. Simple construction, multiple adjustments and inexpensive. What's not to like?

It looks very similar to the Madstad bracket. And just as expensive at well over $100. But since Madstad doesn't seem to sell separately, this could be great for someone's DIY windshield project. Looks better than the Madstad added base, but I'd be interested to know if it works as well without that base helping to direct air flow. I doubt that it will be that great with the stock screen either way, that windshield edge moulding is one of the best ways to create turbulence no matter how mounted.

It looks very similar to the Madstad bracket. And just as expensive at well over $100. But since Madstad doesn't seem to sell separately, this could be great for someone's DIY windshield project. Looks better than the Madstad added base, but I'd be interested to know if it works as well without that base helping to direct air flow. I doubt that it will be that great with the stock screen either way, that windshield edge moulding is one of the best ways to create turbulence no matter how mounted.

Better check your USD to GBP conversion rates? It's less than $100.00 including shipping.
The Palmer bracket is a lot simpler and appears more substantial than the Madstad. Not as adjustable as the Madstad, but probably adequate. The Palmer opens up the airflow under and up the back of the screen to minimize turbulence with the stock screen. Plus I like being able to use other screens with oem hole spacing on my bike. My NCX didn't come with edge moulding, but I have always removed the moulding on previous bikes because I understood it was a European safety requirement and not to improve airflow? Plus it looked like crap and hindered screen cleaning.

I don't see this adapter as an improvement...........raising the stock screen ( 4-5 inches) will make similar to the Honda Touring screen. Depending on your height this will just create the same concerns of noise and discomfort as the touring screen.

Go big screen or stay with stock size and location and enjoy the cooling breeze.

I don't see this adapter as an improvement...........raising the stock screen ( 4-5 inches) will make similar to the Honda Touring screen. Depending on your height this will just create the same concerns of noise and discomfort as the touring screen.

Go big screen or stay with stock size and location and enjoy the cooling breeze.

Not a certainty IMHO.

You can't lower the Honda Touring screen incrementally, to see if a tweak here or there helps with said buffeting.

The stock screen is smaller and a different shape, and might have less of a turbulent punch through the air with it's smaller footprint.

Quite so, *depending on your height* This could mean a big difference between one guy and the next.

I don't really want a much larger screen (plus $$$$) than the stock one to lug around off road, and fear for it's well being if I bin the bike or clack into tree branches etc.

Speaking for myself, the only real reason I want a screen at all, and one that I can adjust up higher, is to try and minimise the bug splats on my helmet visor. This desire has attractions and detractions, some worth experimenting and some not, but, what the heck. Ya gotta try, right? :D

Not a certainty IMHO.

Speaking for myself, the only real reason I want a screen at all, and one that I can adjust up higher, is to try and minimise the bug splats on my helmet visor. This desire has attractions and detractions, some worth experimenting and some not, but, what the heck. Ya gotta try, right? :D

Totaly agree......this whole process is not certain......not even close. This adjustable bracket could have merit on the Touring screen as well (but the holes would be wrong)???. I think for most raising the stock screen will not result in noise reduction and will cause rough air buffeting would be the result. I have a full size Touring screen with the attached spoiler (winter) and also cut 5 inches off a Touring screen (to match the standard screen height) for summer use that works well with full no noise air flow. The added width of the cut down touring screen had no negative efects for me. (I was after using the same mount for quick change.)

Does the kit change the way the four anchoring bolts work? In making my own windshield, I found out that those four bolts aren't exactly screwed in... the nut they secure to is pressed in to a rubber gromet, and that gromet can pull out just from the tension of something (like an experimental windshield) pulling on it over time.
HondaBikePro makes a $20 plate that goes behind the existing metal mounts. The plate hold four nuts in place exactly in the holes they belong in. It's worth using if you plan to put any stress on the four stock bolts and the rubber mounts.

Better check your USD to GBP conversion rates? It's less than $100.00 including shipping.
The Palmer bracket is a lot simpler and appears more substantial than the Madstad. Not as adjustable as the Madstad, but probably adequate. The Palmer opens up the airflow under and up the back of the screen to minimize turbulence with the stock screen. Plus I like being able to use other screens with oem hole spacing on my bike. My NCX didn't come with edge moulding, but I have always removed the moulding on previous bikes because I understood it was a European safety requirement and not to improve airflow? Plus it looked like crap and hindered screen cleaning.

You are right. $96 including shipping (if the price listed for UK holds to US) for the base model. I thought the pound was a good bit higher than it is.

Does the kit change the way the four anchoring bolts work? In making my own windshield, I found out that those four bolts aren't exactly screwed in... the nut they secure to is pressed in to a rubber gromet, and that gromet can pull out just from the tension of something (like an experimental windshield) pulling on it over time.
HondaBikePro makes a $20 plate that goes behind the existing metal mounts. The plate hold four nuts in place exactly in the holes they belong in. It's worth using if you plan to put any stress on the four stock bolts and the rubber mounts.

Good point, not sure. I guess that would be a question to ask before ordering.

alot of us in singapore are using this with the honda tall shield and have no problems
with the fitment or mountings so u guys can safely go ahead n order

Back