• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question Steering damper ( stabilizer ) for nc700s ?

Yazeed

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello every body

i was searching the web for steering damper and i could not find a good one , Can any one recommend a good quality steering damper For nc700s 2012 ?

Yazeed - why do you think you need one? Do you experience "headshake" in some bumpy corners?

I've gotten speed wobbles on my C50 but never my NC. The rear end is the unsettled bit in hot corners for me. Wallowing is probably a symptom of the rear suspension being... price oriented.

I haven't seen any of the guys who do track days rock a damper either

I might want a damper for an off-road-oriented bike so the bars don't get jerked out of my hands. But on a primarily-roads bike, something else needs to be dealt with if there's some problem.

I've gotten speed wobbles on my C50 but never my NC. The rear end is the unsettled bit in hot corners for me. Wallowing is probably a symptom of the rear suspension being... price oriented.

I haven't seen any of the guys who do track days rock a damper either
Sweet, another Nc700 rider with a C50... (my 2007 C50 now has 100,000 miles on it, bought it new with 1 mile). To the OP, I have never seen a steering damper for sale for the Nc700.. Numerous riders modify their suspension but not by adding a steering damper... (rebuild forks and a different shock).

My 1977 BMW R100RS (touring bike) came with a stock steering damper. I had the idea at the time it was for high speeds. The bike was rock solid at 95 (where I spent much of my riding time). Don't know if the damper helped, but I never experienced any wobble at any speed. It did limit my u-turn radius in one direction so I found it annoying.

Back