• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Stalling issue

I'm nearly certain that the U.S. 2013 model NC700X never had an recalls issued. Secondly, I'm not familiar with any NC700 recall that involved stalling. Can you be more specific? Go to this site and type in your VIN to see if there ever was a recall on your bike. Recall Information - Honda Powersports

Here are the results for the 2013 NC700XD:

Recall Info

VIN:

• Year: 2013
  • Category: Motorcycles
  • Sub-Category: Adventure
  • Model: NC700X DCT ABS

• Number of Potential Recalls: 0
  • Last Updated: Dec 18, 2017

There are no current safety recalls for this vehicle.

Last edited:
I just bought a new 2021 NC750X DCT. I have over 400 miles on it and the bike has stalled on me 5 times now. Today after riding 50 miles on the freeway, then riding in stop and go traffic, taking off from the light the bike will either hesitate, or stall. The more miles I put on the bike the more it happens. It has stalled 5 times now. I took it to the shop, the mechanic said it is all computerized, there is no adjustments. WTH... Does anyone have this problem?

I just bought a new 2021 NC750X DCT. I have over 400 miles on it and the bike has stalled on me 5 times now. Today after riding 50 miles on the freeway, then riding in stop and go traffic, taking off from the light the bike will either hesitate, or stall. The more miles I put on the bike the more it happens. It has stalled 5 times now. I took it to the shop, the mechanic said it is all computerized, there is no adjustments. WTH... Does anyone have this problem?
Just because there are no adjustments does not mean there couldn’t be a defective component or an assembly flaw. This stalling behavior does not sound normal. The warranty should cover this problem. Was ”the shop” an authorized Honda dealer?

After the bike stalls, which I assume you mean the engine dies, what do you do to continue on? Do you need to come to a complete stop, go to neutral, and restart using the starter button?

In another thread you said the Honda shop installed handlebar risers. Did the onset of the stalling problem coincide with the riser installation?

When the Engine is hot from riding, it will hesitate and/or stall when when leaving a stop light. This was happening before I had the risers installed. While I was at the Honda dealership, I told them about stalling problem. My impression was the mechanic didn’t want to be bothered with that problem. I have an appointment this Friday with another Honda Dealership. I’ll see what they have to say.
When the engine stalls, I have to restart it, and put it back into drive and go. This only happens when the engine hot. Any other time, it runs fine. The engine will hesitate when first thing in the morning when cold.
Thanks for responding!

Stalling is not normal. In the 9 years I’ve been visiting this forum, I don't recall anyone else ever reporting this problem the way you describe it. Good luck at the next dealer visit.

I agree with 670cc, fueling issues have been non-existent on the NC700/750s. If it happened we didn't hear about it here.

When the 2018 DCT Goldwings begin delivering there was a small number of owners reporting hesitation or stalling when taking off from a stop. The dealer I worked at had one of these bikes in for the issue and the tech was on the phone with Honda support for a long time discussing it. The bike had a reflash of the engine management computer done which fixed that one. Don't let a dealer blow this off and insist on opening a documented dispute with the area's technical representative.

Update: I had my NC in the shop yesterday, they could not duplicate the stalling problem. They let the bike run until the fan came on, then took it for a ride, the temp outside here in San Jose was *90. They said there is no software update or recalls for my Bike. When I rode it home, I took the long way home, hitting all the stop lights, the Bike did not hesitate or stall. I will keep you updated if I still have a stalling issue.
Thanks.

This evening, I rode over to Target for supplies, and on the way home my NC stalled again when leaving a stop light that is the six time now since I bought it. It only hesitates and/or stalls once in a while. I also notice when starting my Bike it has an erratic idol. I hit 600 miles on the odometer this morning and have the 600 mile service scheduled for next Saturday.

My NC goes into the shop this Saturday for its 600 mile service. I will have them check the Battery connections. I did open a claim with Honda. They said that they will get back to me by the end of the week.

Now that I think about it, my NC doesn't start smoothly like other bikes that I had, like the Battery is not charged up. It's possible I have a bad battery that is causing the stalling. Thanks for the info gentleman!

When the Engine is hot from riding, it will hesitate and/or stall when when leaving a stop light. This was happening before I had the risers installed. While I was at the Honda dealership, I told them about stalling problem. My impression was the mechanic didn’t want to be bothered with that problem. I have an appointment this Friday with another Honda Dealership. I’ll see what they have to say.
When the engine stalls, I have to restart it, and put it back into drive and go. This only happens when the engine hot. Any other time, it runs fine. The engine will hesitate when first thing in the morning when cold.
Thanks for responding!
I have 620 miles on my 2021 dct and it has stalled once as you described. It has a lean stumble off idle since new, present hot or cold. I do want to find out how to fix this. Acts like a vacuum leak or needs to be remapped.

I have 620 miles on my 2021 dct and it has stalled once as you described. It has a lean stumble off idle since new, present hot or cold. I do want to find out how to fix this. Acts like a vacuum leak or needs to be remapped.
Talk of stumbling and stalling of the NC engines is rather new here on the forum. With wwriz’s comments noting at least the second 2021 model stalling example, I wonder now if the fueling has been changed for the 2021 models.

Back