• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Squirrely Corners

Status
Not open for further replies.

RF52

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I've noticed this motorcycle is rather unstable in corners, and I'm not going down very far at all. It just feels squirrely. Is this something with the stock tires, or am I missing something? I've also picked up a new rear tire, but haven't installed it yet: Dunlap Sportmax Roadsmart III. Stock recommended size. Sounded like this was a decent tire.

I have never had that issue, still on my stock tires and suspension. But I am also not trying to drag a knee around the bend either. Maybe if I were more aggressive in the corners it might get unstable?

I'm out on some fresh Michelin Pilot tires that were installed immediately before putting the bike away for the winter.
<in an empty parking lot>
they are just incredible.
After warming them up practicing emergency braking, I chalked out two 40 ft diameter circles around the lamp posts and I was dragging knee easier than on my CBR 250.

Attachments

• IMG-1766.jpg
    IMG-1766.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 30
Last edited:
I often thought my NC700Xs were one of the best handling bikes I've had the pleasure to own and that was before fettling the suspension for my taste. It corners like a bandit. Tires, tire condition, tire pressure perhaps?

Okay. Wait a minute. Tires were both at 15psi. Dealer didn't fill them before I rode it off. They really didn't appear to sit low, but I verified my gauge with a second gauge, and they were both at 15psi. I'm too sick go riding right now, but I'm going to assume the instability in corners will be gone.

Last edited:
Okay. Wait a minute. Tires were both a 15psi. Dealer didn't fill them before I wrote it off. They really didn't appear to sit low, but I verified my gauge with a second gauge, and they were both at 15psi. I'm too sick go riding right now, but I'm going to assume the instability in corners will be gone.
I hope that's just a cold friend. Get well.

Okay. Wait a minute. Tires were both a 15psi. Dealer didn't fill them before I wrote it off. They really didn't appear to sit low, but I verified my gauge with a second gauge, and they were both at 15psi. I'm too sick go riding right now, but I'm going to assume the instability in corners will be gone.
Well, that'll account for poor feel in a turn. Air is cheaper than new tires!

I hope that's just a cold friend. Get well.
My wife and I have both been as a sick as dogs for the last 7 days. Last night I nearly called an ambulance for her. Whatever this stuff is, it hangs on hard. We're staying away from other people and places entirely until this is gone. Friends have been door dropping supplies for us. We're blessed and thankful.

You should get tested, would be good to know if it's Covid. 2 deaths in my family so far, it's nothing to **** around with. Hope you guys are ok.

I think you should find properly aired up tires helps. Our bikes are just one year different, basically the same bike, and I can't get over how well this bike corners.

We've got tests scheduled for Tuesday. I have about 2/3 of the symptoms. Wife has 2/3 of them, and we have some overlap between. Did some research on COVID-19 cures. Sounds like there are two known effective cures. One involves the quinine drug, azithromycin, and zinc. The other is ozone injection, vitamin c, and BMT (?). I have know idea who is prescribing what to aid in getting rid of this stuff. We don't vaccinate here at all, but especially not the COVID vaccines. There are a number of reasons, so I won't elaborate.

Was so desperate to ride that I took the NC in to my .2 acre back yard and rode around in an oval for 10 minutes today. Let it warm up, charge the battery, evaporate the water from the oil, and shut it down.

Whoa. Equal time. There are no cures for viruses. Viruses infect living creatures whose immune systems produce antibodies that fight off the infection. Vaccines prevent living creatures from getting infected by certain viruses by providing the immune system nonthreatening templates of specific viruses in advance so that when the actual virus is encountered the immune system can much more rapidly produce the antibodies necessary to prevent viral infection of the host. Without the vaccine the virus just keeps being transmitted between living creatures until herd immunity is reached. Some viruses are more nuisance than anything - common colds for example. Other viruses are much more effective at maiming or killing the host - such as polio or Covid-19. Without vaccines we would still be losing friends and loved ones to viral diseases largely wiped out by vaccinations.

I can't believe we are even discussing in 2021 whether or not vaccines work. It's like questioning whether or not the sun is the center of our solar system.

We've got tests scheduled for Tuesday. I have about 2/3 of the symptoms. Wife has 2/3 of them, and we have some overlap between. Did some research on COVID-19 cures. Sounds like there are two known effective cures. One involves the quinine drug, azithromycin, and zinc. The other is ozone injection, vitamin c, and BMT (?). I have know idea who is prescribing what to aid in getting rid of this stuff. We don't vaccinate here at all, but especially not the COVID vaccines. There are a number of reasons, so I won't elaborate.

Was so desperate to ride that I took the NC in to my .2 acre back yard and rode around in an oval for 10 minutes today. Let it warm up, charge the battery, evaporate the water from the oil, and shut it down.
Isolate, rest and drink water. Stay away from those "cures" though. Air goes in the tires not the body. More info: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/10Things.pdf

How long can SARS-CoV-2 survive after being pumped into a motorcycle tire during inflation? Is the disease spread by checking tire pressure?

Whoa. Equal time. There are no cures for viruses. Viruses infect living creatures whose immune systems produce antibodies that fight off the infection. Vaccines prevent living creatures from getting infected by certain viruses by providing the immune system nonthreatening templates of specific viruses in advance so that when the actual virus is encountered the immune system can much more rapidly produce the antibodies necessary to prevent viral infection of the host. Without the vaccine the virus just keeps being transmitted between living creatures until herd immunity is reached. Some viruses are more nuisance than anything - common colds for example. Other viruses are much more effective at maiming or killing the host - such as polio or Covid-19. Without vaccines we would still be losing friends and loved ones to viral diseases largely wiped out by vaccinations.

I can't believe we are even discussing in 2021 whether or not vaccines work. It's like questioning whether or not the sun is the center of our solar system.
Equal time? That was a commercial. Wow! You must know a lot about viruses. But, I'm just going to "take my chances" and avoid those nice safe vaccines. The reason I didn't elaborate is because I spent a little time working for the Alain Merieux Center For Molecular Diagnostics here on Research Parkway in Salt Lake City. There is a separate branch that's broken off. It's call BioFire Defense. It can be a very exciting place when the doors all lock and nobody gets out for various reasons. Anyway, let me leave you with one simple fact: COVID-19 has a patent ID. It's a biological weapon. Think about it.

With SARS-CoV-2 infected air in the tires we are riding bio-weapon delivery systems. COVID-19 is a disease not a virus. I doubt that it is patented.

there are no patent numbers for Covid-19 (SARS-CoV-2). There are TONS of patents for things to detect, test, diagnose, sanitize, disinfect, etc., related to Covid 19.
If the virus is not man made (i.e. a naturally occurring virus, as the WHO has determined), then it cannot be patented. If it were lab created, nobody would seek a patent because it would most likely be secret and patents required full disclosure (please, conspiracy buffs, this comment is not an endorsement of any conspiracy theory regarding Covid 19). You don't patent biological weapons (same as you don't patent conventional weapon systems' technology).

there are no patent numbers for Covid-19 (SARS-CoV-2). There are TONS of patents for things to detect, test, diagnose, sanitize, disinfect, etc., related to Covid 19.
If the virus is not man made (i.e. a naturally occurring virus, as the WHO has determined), then it cannot be patented. If it were lab created, nobody would seek a patent because it would most likely be secret and patents required full disclosure (please, conspiracy buffs, this comment is not an endorsement of any conspiracy theory regarding Covid 19). You don't patent biological weapons (same as you don't patent conventional weapon systems' technology).
nope, the military does not have patents for any of its weapon systems....and it is illegal for the USA to create any biological weapon, so you cant patent something which is illegal...and if the USA is doing a secret biological system, they wouldnt patent it...now there is a patent for avian bronchitis, which is caused by one of the coronaviruses, (not covid 19), patent # US10130701B2 and a patent for a coronavirus which causes problems in pigs US7279327B2.....covid-19 actually stands for a coronavirus which was discovered in 2019, and the French have a patent for sars-covid 1 (which started from bats), which is NOT sars-covid 2 (covid-19)....heck, there are even some coronaviruses which cause the 'common cold'...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back