• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Sprocket sizes for NC750X DCT 2014

Ticopilot

Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone know the size of the front and rear sprockets of a 2014 NC750X DCT? The manual states 17T and 43T but the different online vendors say 16T and 39T.
Thanks,

Go with the manual as obviously the vendors are not. But a taller (smaller) front and lower (taller) rear from the vendor may be close to the OEM set up.

Careful.

The manual transmission and DCT use different sprockets. Make sure you are looking at DCT in manual. Not hard to count teeth on rear sprocket. Mark one and roll wheel around counting teeth.

AFAIK, within the same model year, the rear sprocket on the DCT has always been taller by 4T.

Careful.

The manual transmission and DCT use different sprockets. Make sure you are looking at DCT in manual. Not hard to count teeth on rear sprocket. Mark one and roll wheel around counting teeth.
DCT does not like it when you play with the teeth, whereas you can do as you want with the manual model, any year.
The reason is that DCT depends on speed sensors on tires as well as crankshaft and any change that screws with the sensor data
will throw DTC in the ECM and cause problems, some severe leading to shutdown.

I found a fiche with 2015 NC750 DCT and the sprockets are 17 tooth countershaft and 39 tooth rear wheel sprocket.

USA NC700X DCT is 16T and 39T.

And that seems to be the problem. As posted, some DCTs seem to have 43T and some 39T. I will do as suggested and count teeth in the rear sprocket. I'll be back with results.

Back