• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

spools for NC700x

I like but you would only need one on the left side if you have a centre stand. Muffler will take the worst of it. When I low sided on my FZ1 they saved my swing arm.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 1,197
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 1,213
You are right , it does not fit, let me email the seller for clarification

d529fb5dfd8653de0579a15da72b5ada.jpg

bfa9311c96049b7fbd2af8c0ffba2749.jpg

Last edited:
sorry for the delay guys.

the seller could not produce an actual photo of the product for the NC700, only for the CTX700.

he was willing to give me a only $10 discount to try his product. the risk is too much i have turned it down. i dont have the time to guess.

anyone willing to try it please post back

I saw these sliders on an NC700X at the dealer Saturday. They weren't a dealer add on. The bike was in for service and the mech said its owner put them on.

T Rex 2010 2011 2012 2013 Triumph Tiger 800 800 XC No Cut Frame Sliders | eBay
Bines,
I went to eBay looking for these sliders. I could not find a listing for a Honda NC700X. There were part numbers for about 6 bikes, but no NC700X. Plus these spools are about twice the price of the original post for a different spools holder on this Thread.
I sent an eBay question to T-Rex Spools requesting clarification. When I receive an answer I'll share it here.

Doesn't look like it would fit on my non-dct either. The wheel, spacers, sprockets, carrier, chain and swingarm are all the same on the CTX and NC, I don't get it.

Good luck with that!

Doesn't look like it would fit on my non-dct either. The wheel, spacers, sprockets, carrier, chain and swingarm are all the same on the CTX and NC, I don't get it.

The clearance distance between the sprocket carrier and the inside surface of the swing arm is 2.5mm on my NC700X. The thickness of the carrier bracket for the spools appears to be greater than 2.5mm.
And then T-Rex states that they will work with you to get their spools to fit your bike. So I guess their product will not fit your bike without some additional machining, brackets, products or mechanical help!
Who is going to be the guinea pig to lay out $90.00 on an experiment?:rolleyes:

Bines,
I went to eBay looking for these sliders. I could not find a listing for a Honda NC700X. There were part numbers for about 6 bikes, but no NC700X. Plus these spools are about twice the price of the original post for a different spools holder on this Thread.
I sent an eBay question to T-Rex Spools requesting clarification. When I receive an answer I'll share it here.

Here is the question that I sent to T-Rex on eBay;
How much clearance between the rear sprocket carrier and the inside surface of the swing arm on my Honda NC700X is required to mount the T-Rex spool bracket? I measured the distance on my bike and there is only 2.5mm of total clearance in the area that your mounting bracket would mount on the inside of my swing arm.
Is this enough space for your mounting bracket?
Your description and information states that it will fit on the Honda NC700X, but looking at your supplied photos the mounting bracket appears wider, thicker, than 2.5mm.
Could you supply or send a photo showing your T-Rex Spool carrier mounted on a Honda NC700X motorcycle?
Thank you

Here is the answer I received;
The inside of one of the brackets is 1.5 mm in thickness. The other is roughly 4.65 mm thick. That's what we have. Do both your sides measure 2.5

Oscar

Hoping you guys are still monitoring this thread...do you think these at Amazon would fit/work? It is hard to go wrong with the price.
I'm still monitoring this thread. The spools are nice looking and inexpensive, but I don't see how you would mount them to the NC700X's swing arm? All the photos they show of installations are on other bikes than the NC.

Well, I guess I am gonna be the first to order and install the T-Rexstands rear spools. They should be here this week. Main purpose for ordering them was for the benefit of making the use of my paddock lift easier. Plus, spools look cool. :)

Stay tuned for updates on the product when I get them.

Well, I guess I am gonna be the first to order and install the T-Rexstands rear spools. They should be here this week. Main purpose for ordering them was for the benefit of making the use of my paddock lift easier. Plus, spools look cool. :)
Have you looked at the MaddTraxx RC Honda swing arms plates for mounting spools? Selling price is $69.95
Visit the website and check them out.

Back