• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Spokes and no freaking tubes

• Thread starter Deleted member 5383
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5383

I've been running the Tubliss™ system on my WR250 for a couple years now. Going without tubes has made life a lot better for me. Always hoping the marketplace would produce some other solutions for more sizes and types. Here's a company whose product is being used with Rally Raid CB500X that actually could be used with a lot of spoke-wheel bikes. I see their partner is mentioning the Africa Twin specifically. I hope this catches on --

BarTubless

I think tubes on 400lb+ bikes is nuts. BMW has tube less rims on the big 1200GS. You just don't run the pressure down low enough on them to require tubes to keep the tire on the rim.

I switched my CRF250L over to tubliss but it isn't a tube less system. We have had several guys get nails that have punctured the small tube in the tubliss system. They have been able to ride it back to camp and switch out the small tube which does requires total disassembly.

I switched my CRF250L over to tubliss but it isn't a tube less system. We have had several guys get nails that have punctured the small tube in the tubliss system. They have been able to ride it back to camp and switch out the small tube which does requires total disassembly.

Yep, that's the downside of the Tubliss™ system. Fortunately in most locales it may happen so infrequently to never, that they are really practical. The total-circumference rimlock for both wheels is sweet -- you can run ridiculously low pressures when in demanding terrain, and then pump 'em back up to highway pressure or anywhere in between. I run 15 psi on the highway on my WR using stiff-sidewall tires like the Mitas E-07...

Back