• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Spencer's Motorcycle Seat Mods

pismocycleguy

Reaction score
Visit site
Has anyone had their Honda NC700 motorcycle seat modified for fit and comfort by Frank of
Spencer's Motorcycle Seat Mods of Florida?
If yes could you post your thoughts of his product and post some photos of his work.
I heard about him and his work on the Suzuki V-Strom Forum.
Maybe he could offer us another source of "seating comfort".
Always room for one more.

I met Spencer in Florida when he did a seat on my KLR. He took the time to explain how he made the seat. He uses foam material that's used in hospitals to prevent bed soars. Forgive me if that info is slightly off, I met him more than 15 years ago. Anyhow the KLR seat turned out great. I'm sure he'll do a great job on the NC.

Last edited:
He re-did my Bandit 1250 seat, and my buddy's SV650. I was happy, but my buddy was thrilled with the results. It was certainly an improvement, but eventually I bit the bullet and bought a Sargent for the Bandit which was even better.

For the cost, it's worth a shot!

trey

Also could look into meancitycycles,seem to have good reviews.I have look into it but may wait until winter now.just a thought.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

He re-did my Bandit 1250 seat, and my buddy's SV650. I was happy, but my buddy was thrilled with the results. It was certainly an improvement, but eventually I bit the bullet and bought a Sargent for the Bandit which was even better.

For the cost, it's worth a shot!

trey
Heard back from Frank, and he recommended that I take my OEM NC700 seat to a custom seat maker for a pan up seat build if I wanted a comfortable seat to meet my needs. He said his inexpensive fix would probably not work for me.
So I'm going with his suggestion.
But thanks for the information about your experiences.
PCG

Heard back from Frank, and he recommended that I take my OEM NC700 seat to a custom seat maker for a pan up seat build if I wanted a comfortable seat to meet my needs. He said his inexpensive fix would probably not work for me.
So I'm going with his suggestion.
But thanks for the information about your experiences.
PCG
All the more respect for Spencer. Instead of just taking your money he suggests that! Good for him.

Spencer did both of my seats on my ST1300 when it was new. The comfort improved; however, the vinyl material on the passenger seat appeared older, scratched, and slightly off-color. This didn't seem right to me and it wasn't that way before. Looking at the pilot and pillion seat when mounted together, it was pretty clear there was a visible difference. There was no way to reconcile the problem with Spencer and I just let it go. If I ever did something like this again, I would mark the material under the seat (and the pan) with my initials or something just to insure what I sent out is what I expect back. Other than that, his work is good.

Back