• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Speedo Calibrator

Rapturee

Reaction score
Visit site
Has anyone found a way to calibrate their NC's speedo? I do not always have my Garmin with me when i ride, and continually having to add 20% to my display gets really annoying after a while. I have been looking at Speedo calibrators and found a few that look like they would work, have any of you guys found or use something similar/better?

I am looking at purchasing one of these to correct the problem... :{)
HONDA 2012-2016 NC700X NC 700X SpeedoDRD-H3 SPEEDOMETER / SPEEDO CALIBRATOR | eBay

Has anyone found a way to calibrate their NC's speedo? I do not always have my Garmin with me when i ride, and continually having to add 20% to my display gets really annoying after a while. I have been looking at Speedo calibrators and found a few that look like they would work, have any of you guys found or use something similar/better?

I am looking at purchasing one of these to correct the problem... :{)
HONDA 2012-2016 NC700X NC 700X SpeedoDRD-H3 SPEEDOMETER / SPEEDO CALIBRATOR | eBay

I just bought one of those to go with the 17 tooth front sprocket I am planning on installing within the next 2 months. I will let you know how it goes here if you can hang on.

I don’t know if it’s that exact brand, but I have one that looks just like that. It does what it’s supposed to do. Once you calibrate it, the speed reads correctly, and you don’t even know it’s there.

I ran the wire up into the battery box, and zip tied the unit above the battery, out of the weather.

I don’t know if it’s that exact brand, but I have one that looks just like that. It does what it’s supposed to do. Once you calibrate it, the speed reads correctly, and you don’t even know it’s there.

I ran the wire up into the battery box, and zip tied the unit above the battery, out of the weather.

Perhaps you could tell me where to find the VSS connector?

I too added the 17T sprocket first and really liked the results. I have since added a 39T rear from a DCT bike as well as a 140/80-17" rear tire newly mounted. According to my Garmin Montana, the speedo is reading right at 20% slow from 25mph-80mph.

God to know men, thanks. I'll pull the trigger on one of those then and get'r installed. :{)

I’m sure the need for an accurate speedometer outweighs an accurate odometer but it’s worth mentioning an electronic calibrator will change the odometer reading by the same correction factor and the manual transmission NC’s do not have the same error between the speedometer and odometer.

I’m sure the need for an accurate speedometer outweighs an accurate odometer but it’s worth mentioning an electronic calibrator will change the odometer reading by the same correction factor and the manual transmission NC’s do not have the same error between the speedometer and odometer.
how much difference is there between speedo and odo?

It varies bike to bike, as does calibration. Cars also generally have different odo than speedo accuracy.

how much difference is there between speedo and odo?
Like MZ5 posted, it could vary between bikes.

I will say that my 2012 manual and 2015 DCT had just about the same set of errors - the speedo was off about 1 percent (essentially spot on until 70-75 mph when 1 mph difference could be observed) and the odometers off 1.8 to 2%. Tire wear must contribute to these errors changing from mounting a new rear tire and when it was worn out.

I wouldn't expect the difference between speedo and odo to vary at all between bikes, or with tire wear. If speedo reads 1% higher than odo, that's true no matter where your tires are (given that they read off the same sensor). Interesting that odo is off by more than speedo though.

On SV650/SV1000, the odo is pretty close (about 1.2%) but the speedo is way off (about 9%).

I wouldn't expect the difference between speedo and odo to vary at all between bikes, or with tire wear. If speedo reads 1% higher than odo, that's true no matter where your tires are (given that they read off the same sensor). Interesting that odo is off by more than speedo though.

On SV650/SV1000, the odo is pretty close (about 1.2%) but the speedo is way off (about 9%).
No, I meant that there is small change in observed error over the life of the rear tire, not the difference changing between speedometer and odometer over time.

Back