• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Spare Key

35121-mje-a02
key, blank

I ordered a pack of blanks from Amazon. They were listed for a CBR. They fit perfect.

JT

Does your 2015 have the laser cut key like the 2018? My 2012 is the old double sided, cut with a grinder type key. I was thinking they changed over to the new style in 2016.

Last edited:
Does your 2015 have the laser cut key like the 2018? My 2012 is the old double sided, cut with a grinder type key. I was thinking they changed over to the new style in 2016.

It is a basic double sided key. Cut with a grinder.

JT

Just a clarification the newer style keys are often called laser, sidewinder, wave keys........but......... not cut witha laser.

They are cut with a mill or router type tool.

2DCF31B7-C017-44EA-AA45-B896AAA7A13C.jpg

[video=youtube_share;dN4jYWD00ms]https://youtu.be/dN4jYWD00ms[/video]

YouTube

Last edited:
Just a clarification the newer style keys are often called laser, sidewinder, wave keys........but......... not cut witha laser.

They are cut with a mill or router type tool.

View attachment 38094

[video=youtube_share;dN4jYWD00ms]

YouTube
Ace hardware had a "sidewinder" key machine and was able to cut my blank from e-bay at no charge. Several other key shops looked at my original and new blank and declined. If the "key guy" looks perplexed, grab it back b/4 he screws it up.

Back