• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Sourcing parts for an NC700X ?

Scorpio54

Reaction score
Visit site
Good morning all (well, its morning, not so sure about the good bit in windy/wet South wales.... :-( ) I am continuing a winter project on a very tired NC700X (2012) is it me, or are parts for these bikes exorbitantly high?. I only have a small budget to do the bike and literally wait for the end of the months wages to see if there is any spare cash to buy parts.
I find the more bits I take off this bike, the more I find that needs replacing....
I am currently looking for a rubber chain slider that fits on the swing arm, (it came off in 2 pieces and looks like its been through the business end of a lawn mower...). I am finding them on an internet search at prices around £40.00. Surely there must be a supplier that I can source one from that's cheaper than that?. i am not a skinflint, but 40 quid for a strip of rubber seems a tad expensive.
I would be very grateful if anyone could please point me in the right direction.
NB I would have absolutely no problem with a 2nd hand one as long as its in one piece, so a scrap parts or bike breakers would also be fine. :)
Many thanks

Pete

Sorry, I can‘t be of help sourcing parts where you live. But maybe you’ll feel better to know that, in my experience, Honda replacement parts are generally lower priced than those from other motorcycle manufacturers. I have owned a few Kawasakis, and found that for the models I owned, their parts prices were sometimes much higher than for similar parts from Honda, almost to the point I would avoid owning a Kawasaki just for that reason.

Here is a randomly chosen comparison for a front wheel assembly on similar motorcycles, expressed in US dollars.
Honda CBR300: $208
Kawasaki Ninja 300: $581

Honda parts may be expensive, but other brands could be worse.

Last edited:
Cheers guys, looks like I have been chasing around the wrong tree! will give the UK site a try......... Many thanks for the help.

The rubber chain slider on the swing arm for acomparison the internet “discount” price in the US is $38 USD Plus shipping.

Back