• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Soupy's Links and Sidestand Install

Helix

Reaction score
Visit site
After installing the Seat Concepts foam and cover on the stock seat of my 2016 NC700XD I was pleased with the improved comfort and the angle of the seat, but it did raise the front of the seat enough (1/2”?) that I could tell lowering the bike would be an improvement for my 31” inseam.

I decided to go with the Soupy’s Adjustable Links, since I liked the adjustable part. And I also got the adjustable sidestand. Soupy’s doesn’t give a phone number so it’s email only for questions and can take a day to get a response. I had a few questions but details are not their strength. They make a hefty link and they set them both to the same length that shouldn’t be changed until they are installed.

I decided to install the sidestand first. After putting the bike on the center stand, you first remove a small bolt holding the sidestand switch. Then remove the nut for the sidestand then unscrew the bolt from the back. Fortunately, when I removed the switch I noticed the flat paw that goes into the sidestand and moves with the stand to break the connection when the stand is lowered. I say fortunately because the hole for the paw in Soupy’s sidestand looked awfully small. I checked the hole diameter in the stock sidestand and it was obviously bigger. It may be the right diameter for older bikes but for a 2016 I drilled it out to 5/32” just like the stock sidestand, avoiding any problem attaching the switch. Installation of the sidestand was straight-forward but I did adjust it longer, than as received.

For the links, I left it on the center stand and loosened the nuts of the stock links. You may have to backup on the head of the bolt since they may turn while trying to loosen the nut. I used a screw jack to put upward pressure on the swing-arm until the bolts were free. At this point the stock links and bolts can be removed. Take care the keep the bushings in place and not come out with the bolts and onto the floor. They ride in needle bearings that don’t like dirt.

Soupy’s links are like a turnbuckle, right-hand thread on one end and left-hand thread on the other. He marks the left-hand thread end with a scribe mark around the hex body. I decided to put the right-hand thread on the lower bolt, which is the most visible. Since we’re used to looking at right-hand threads, it’s easier to turn it the correct direction to unscrew it, if you want to lengthen it, which is what you do to lower the bike.

Once installed and link nuts tightened, I removed the screw jack from the swing-arm. I marked the hex body flat facing me (with a marking pen) so I could keep count of how many flats I was turning. I arbitrarily, decided to go 6 flats or one complete rotation of lengthening. This just happened to be about 1” and sitting on the bike I was flat footing again. Since the center stand is now too tall to work easily, I made a ramp from a 2x6 by beveling one edge. Some of that thin rubber shelving liner will keep it from sliding. Roll it up on the ramp, lean it over on the side stand, load the arm of the center stand as you stand it up and pop it up.

Handling the lower bike is much easier and after some aggressive turns I don’t plan on dropping the front. It feels and handles just fine. Hope this info helps someone.

Helix

Pictures !!! we need pictures! specially the side stand!!! :cool:
on serious note-1" drop where? any problem putting bike on center stand?

Thanks!

Be careful about the side stand. In hot weather it can sink into pavement. In grass or dirt it can sink in easily. I really dislike the side stand after a while due to these issues.

can't recall which one I ordered but there are a crapload of hard-anodized kickstand plates in a variety of colors on eBay for under $10 shipped. Mine works really well. Maybe that would fit the footie?

eBay search

s-l500.jpg

Seems to me that if you can get a NC 700S centerstand it will work nicely with a lowered NC...
Can someone verify that? I'm thinking it worked when lowered 1/2 to 1 inch from people who have installed lowering kits in the past.

I imagine you could sell the current center stand on here to someone wanting one without too much trouble to recoup the cost....

Just a thought

Might just be me but if you stand on the pegs to mount your bike, get rid of that Soupy's sidestand. Mine snapped in half the very first time I mounted my bike. Let me tell you, it hurts a hell of a lot to fall on the side inside a packed garage.

[...if you can get a NC 700S centerstand it will work nicely with a lowered NC...]

As far as I know, USA Honda dealers cannot order parts for a Honda model that isn't sold here. Even if you had the P/N, the parts computer system would reject that number.

There is a site you can get parts from Japan I belive at good prices even with shipping... Someone on here will know. I've ordered from them before myself

Here ya go

HONDA : Main Stand [08M70MGSJ10]

But you need to read the posts about it fitting a lowered NCX first to make sure it will work for you

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Might just be me but if you stand on the pegs to mount your bike, get rid of that Soupy's sidestand. Mine snapped in half the very first time I mounted my bike. Let me tell you, it hurts a hell of a lot to fall on the side inside a packed garage.

After Hammy made this post I had to question my use of Soupy's adjustable kickstand. I removed it, cleaned it and sent an email to Soupy's reminding them that I bought the kickstand after I told them, in my initial email to them (with several questions), that I mounted the bike by using the foot peg. I asked to return it. They sent me the return form via email, I boxed it up with copies of all the correspondence and sent to them. Today they issued full credit for the kickstand. I thank Hammy for warning me I could be in for trouble if I used the kickstand this way. And I thank Soupy's for recognizing that I told them up front this was how I was going to use it but I don't think the kickstand was ever designed or intended for that kind of load.

I am posting this to support suppliers who treat customer's fairly. Soupy's did that.

Helix

Seems to me that if you can get a NC 700S centerstand it will work nicely with a lowered NC...
Can someone verify that?t

I fitted 30 mm lowering links on my NC750X and the Honda center stand for the "X" was hard to use with the lowering links fitted.
I've now got the "S" center stand on the bike and it works great with the 30 mm lowering links.

I have put Soupysperformance.com adjustable links and adjustable Side stand with Their own enlarged foot. Have a regular center stand on it. My 5'7" daughter rides it lowered quite a bit. She had to practice getting it up on the stand but can now do it. Have to use technique not brawn.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Back