• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

So what did you do TO your NC700 today.

Should this thread be made a Sticky?

• Yes.

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • No.

Votes: 20 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem though -it burnt off the chrome on the "plastic" reflector .I was told that unless you have a HID designed reflector its not good news for the plastic

It's entirely possible of course, but I'm unsure about an HID doing any damage that the OEM Halogen wouldn't have done anyway.

The BMW I owned, had a fair few owners reporting burned headlight housings, blackened and burnt off silver reflector material, melted connectors etc., and they all had OEM bulbs. Some went to HID's because of this, to avoid it happening again. (with perfect success, and many multi-thousands of miles used)

While I didn't have an OEM headight reflector problem with mine, I did have to change out the Halogen bulb for an HID because the bike's vibrations kept killing filament style bulbs. Over 20,000 km's with the HID before I sold the bike, and no hint of any problems.

It's entirely possible of course, but I'm unsure about an HID doing any damage that the OEM Halogen wouldn't have done anyway.

The BMW I owned, had a fair few owners reporting burned headlight housings, blackened and burnt off silver reflector material, melted connectors etc., and they all had OEM bulbs. Some went to HID's because of this, to avoid it happening again. (with perfect success, and many multi-thousands of miles used)

While I didn't have an OEM headight reflector problem with mine, I did have to change out the Halogen bulb for an HID because the bike's vibrations kept killing filament style bulbs. Over 20,000 km's with the HID before I sold the bike, and no hint of any problems.

One of the biggest reasons I love leds. Little heat and can take vibrations, they just cost a lot more.:D

One of the biggest reasons I love leds. Little heat and can take vibrations, they just cost a lot more.:D

Yes, that's true in the beginning, they will pay for themselves in the long run. I've installed a H4 LED Bulb into NaNCy a few weeks ago. I have not rode the bike in the dark yet to see how it does. I've seen it cast plenty of light in a tunnel and on street sign at dusk, just not after dark.

Here a link to the pics, H4 LED Installation

Finally got around to mounting my Hyper Lights, LED brake/turn signal lights.
a7a4yvum.jpg

Also, not really done to or with my NC. Rather because of my NC I finally got a nice car cover for my car that is spending much time sitting in the driveway.
gabynasu.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Just got back from a practice camping run, been collecting camping gear along with my farkles and needed to practice setting up and taking down my gear before I hit the open road this summer. I went with ultralight backpacking gear and was just amazed how easy the bike packed with the Givi trekker luggage and the bike road real well loaded up can't wait to put some serious miles on. BTW took a 4 hour tour through the piney woods of Texas, broke camp and packed in a hour and a half then a 2 hour ride home with my Sargent seat I could ride all day, guess I was one of the lucky ones whom the seat fits.

San Jacinto Monument 178 years ago Texans defeated Mexico with the cry "Remember the Alamo!" at this site
WP_20140602_08_33_11_Pro.jpg
In texas we have gators!
WP_20140603_12_48_18_Pro.jpg
WP_20140602_18_19_10_Pro.jpg
My camp
WP_20140602_12_36_51_Pro.jpg

WP_20140602_13_49_10_Pro.jpg
Pretty ride
WP_20140603_10_00_14_Pro.jpg

Changed the oil and filter… refilled with beautiful, clean HP4S synthetic… then looked over and saw the brand new clutch filter I forgot to replace before refilling with oil…
ARHG !!!!!!!
:mad:

Last edited:
Installed the 30mm lowering links from Lust UK. Left the forks tall. Much easier to mount/dismount. No noticeable ride difference and the kickstand is still trustworthy without shortning.

Installed my new LED headlight. Much brighter than the stock bulb.

Ah, very nice. Which one did you go with -- which vendor? Did you have to make any (permanent) modifications to the housing/bracket? Any pics?

I'm really on the fence about shelling out the cash for one. I like the idea of the LED for less power draw and better light, but I really don't ride a lot at night... sounds like you're pretty happy with it.

trey

Ah, very nice. Which one did you go with -- which vendor? Did you have to make any (permanent) modifications to the housing/bracket? Any pics?

I'm really on the fence about shelling out the cash for one. I like the idea of the LED for less power draw and better light, but I really don't ride a lot at night.

I did this several weeks ago. I do have pics, here they are available here LED H4 Installation.

As the for brand, well the packaging is so generic that there's No Name or Manufacturer. Look around on eBay and use the pics of the unit to locate it.

Also take a look at my post #34, 35, 41 and 46 H4 LED Tread.

I have a 100-80 watt H4 bulb I had in another bike several years ago. Would it be safe to put in out bikes?

That would not be recommended, as you would be drawing additional current (Amps) that overload many of the electrical components, such as the switches. Many of these H4 LED Bulbs are plenty bright and do not draw more than 2 Amps of power.

Your 100/80 Watt bulbs would draw 8.33 Amps (HI) and 6.66 Amps (Low) roughly, possibly 10-15% more than these figures.

I'm really on the fence about shelling out the cash for one. I like the idea of the LED for less power draw and better light, but I really don't ride a lot at night... sounds like you're pretty happy with it.

trey

I'm running the same one Turbodieseli4i6 is running. Cyclops, is the brand. I haven't actually had it out on the road yet, but a garage with all the lights off comparison is all I have. Besides of course all the testimonials from the link in turbodieseli4i6's thread to ADV forums.

I didn't have to permanently modify anything except for the rubber boot. Had to cut a larger hole to make it go over the fan and wire connector. Thankfully, I was able to get it in without having to remove the headlight housing. I started pulling pieces off the bike to pull and the more I found I had to pull, the harder it tried to shove my hands in there and get it in. I was able to get the bulb retaining clip between the mount and the fan, then once the bulb was in place I had to use a pick to move the clip into place, but it worked.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Rode the bike in a little rain and fueled up too. Forgot to reset the trip so I wasn't sure how many miles I went, which turn out to be 259 and got 77.4 mpg. Longest distance yet on one tank, now time to shoot for 270miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back