• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

So what did you do TO your NC700 today.

Should this thread be made a Sticky?

• Yes.

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • No.

Votes: 20 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I re-wired my power outlet. I broke the positive off during my last camping trip.

While I was at it, I wired in my new-to-me-but-practically-new Gerbing heated gloves. I got them off Craigslist for $75. Need to get a proper
temp adjuster. I had a 12v rheostat (sp) and put it inline. It won't turn the gloves off, but they also didn't burn my hands so I guess they'll do till I get the real one.

Farkles update

Have not put my hippo hands back on yet. Was in the low 40's but back up to low 50's. My heated grips cook !

Cracked my accessory windshield by tightening too much. Did some re search and bought and installed the V Stream tall windshield . The engineering on this is top notch - solid support bar included. Huge rubber grommets and huge washers hold the windshield to the bracket . Expensive but could not be happier with the great engineering that went into this design.

Today I FINALLY ended up replacing the MEEP MEEP horn with something with cajunas- a Hella twin trumpet horn (007424801). I ended up painting them matte black to blend in with the frame. Sound clips below. Pics to follow this evening.

20141120_063031_resized.jpg

20141120_063043_resized.jpg

[video=youtube;ZaiLcaC4V4k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaiLcaC4V4k[/video]

[video=youtube;Z2XzwxLubbg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2XzwxLubbg[/video]

Last edited:
The second video shows unavailable for me. The first one plays fine.

edit: now it's working, sounds much more like a car now

Last edited:
Those guards look like they'll do as highway pegs also.

While riding after installation it hit sub zero temperature so I decided not to spread my legs any wider than need on the highway)))) moreover I was thinking about the balls heater accessory...

the real pegs can be easily mounted on those bars, will check later if I need them.

Installed the Honda Tall windshield today. It was raining and So far, I LOVEEEEEE IT!!!! The stock windshield was giving me some buffeting and now I feel great. I'm 5'7". It was also my first accessory. Woo HOO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back