• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

So what did you do TO your NC700 today.

Should this thread be made a Sticky?

• Yes.

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • No.

Votes: 20 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I did the 600 mile service. It was uneventful. The DCT trans filter added about five minutes to the procedure. On a scale from 1-5 with 1 being the easiest bike I've ever done an oil change on, I think the NCX is about a 2. It loses a point only because you have to remove the lower cowling. The FJR is a 3 because it has some cowling that gets in the way and oil can drip on it if you're not careful. My old VTX1800 was a 4 because the filter was tough to get to and it had two drain bolts and the Vstar 1100 I once owned was a 5 because you had to remove the whole exhaust to change the oil filter...stupid design.

...and there you have a bunch of useless info that you probably didn't need/want to know. ;)

Plasti Dip'ed my top trunk

I Plasti-Dipped the silver parts of my top trunk to get it to blend in more with the red bike. My first use of Plasti-Dip and I found it quite easy to work with. I used the glossifier but it doesn't really add that much gloss. If it doesn't last, I will have to go with real paint in the future.

IMG_0178.jpg

Loaded it on my new trailer first time for trip to Louisiana. Installed a Northern Tool tire chalk which works fine.

After 17,000+ miles, the first time on a trailer. A little sad to not be riding, but my NC can't pull my truck, and I will need it.

IMG_20140622_200242.jpg

IMG_20140622_200225.jpg

Should be fun riding in Arkansas next weekend.

Last edited:
Loaded it on my new trailer first time for trip to Louisiana. Installed a Northern Tool tire chalk which works fine.

Make sure you put some sort of steel under the plywood at the bolts also. You would not believe how many times I have seen folks not put steel under the plywood, and when they arrive the bolts pulled thought the plywood. Sure can mess up a motorcycle bouncing around back there in the trailer for miles.

...I think the NCX is about a 2. It loses a point only because you have to remove the lower cowling...

Hmm, unless the DCT arrangement is a little different (and it very well may be), you don't have to remove the cowling. I removed mine the first time because the book told me to, but it turns out you've got plenty of room to access the oil filter as is. Give it a shot next time!

trey

20140624_133534.jpgFirst oil change/filter and added a modified tank pad. Filter and oil change super easy on this bike, no need to remove anything, just spin off old filter and spin new one on. Plenty of room, at least on the manual shift models.

Last edited:
Mounted the Honda tall screen, which I recently purchased from PreyJ. Much better than stock, or the Vario for a rider my inseam and height. At 5'9", it deflects air to the uppermost part of the helmet. No buffeting at 70+ mph. Easy to install and it came with nut plates to replace the rubber mounts that came with the stock screen.

No pic, but I did the bikes second valve adjustment (only needed to adjust one intake valve, and it was actually still within tolerances), oil change and new coolant in radiator.

Next? Bleed the brakes and install stainless lines.

No pic, but I did the bikes second valve adjustment (only needed to adjust one intake valve, and it was actually still within tolerances), oil change and new coolant in radiator.

Next? Bleed the brakes and install stainless lines.

How many miles ???.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One inch clamps are not easy to find. Can you post your source for the highway pegs?

I bought these from revzilla. They are Bike Master o-ring highway foot pegs. They come with an inch and 1 1/4

inch brackets. So far they look like they will work well. My only complaint is that the lock washers were useless. They broke while tightening the bolt so I kept on cranking it down.

Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Tapatalk

How many miles ???.

I only have 8000.

I did my first adjustment for the how-to, by mistake, at 4500 miles.

In an effort to keep my maintenance schedule correct, I did it again at the (correct) mileage of 8000. The coolant is replaced when you do the valves as I drain the radiator to remove it.

Wow,I better get going !!.
I have 17,000 and have not checked mine yet. !!.Still runs like new .

Yes you should. There's a few easy how-to's in the how-to section if you haven't done it before. Takes about an hour. Requires no special tools or gaskets.

Nothing today but tomorrow I hope to install the Powerbronze hugger, a luggage rack, and my topcase.

Took my bike in for first service yesterday !!! Happy and Sad !!! Happy- to get it done....... Sad - cause yesterday and today is going to be +28C and sunny !!!

BUT when she gets home .................more "farkles" to install ......R&G rear hugger and rad guard !!! :eek:

Just waiting on my MRA spoiler for my wind screen...............and I am shopping for LED lights and I should be close to done !!! (at least for this year ) LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back