• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

so i got a new rear tire today

Whiteknuckle

Reaction score
Visit site
The stock tire lasted about 3500km. No it did not wear out was still in good shape. Last Friday i was out riding around. On way back going thru slow traffic the bike started going bump bump bump so much that the handlebars
shook a bit. Put it down to just ruts in the road. Stopped a bit later and looked anyway but did not see anything. Tire was still holding air.

the next day (Saturday) i went to go out and looked at the tire. I see the top of a hex headed screw or bolt stuck in the tire.
avJtV6ul.jpg

so no riding that day. Today i had them install a new tire. New tire is really nice and am happy with it. Got a Bridgestone Battlax T30. I thought the stock tires were good but this tire is so much better. Did not seem to need
much break in and was grippy pretty much from the start. Tire seemed scrubbed in already with none of the usual new tire shine / grease to have to wear off.

Glad i changed it. When the old tire was off i asked how far in was the screw. Was sticking into the carcass a good quarter inch so screw was at least 1.5 inches long. Still have sharp threads and the tip was really pointy/sharp.
I am guessing that i picked it up as i went over some train tracks as i noticed the bumping shortly after that.

before heading to dealer today i checked the pressure. Tire was down to 12psi. Pumped it up to 43psi and 30min later it only dropped to 42.5 so good enough to make it to the dealer 6km away.

Back