• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Smaller Front Directionals

fleetingyouth

Reaction score
Visit site
Ive been searching for some smaller front directionals possibly clear or smoked with LEDs. I know ive seen others mention similar interest wondering if anyone has changed out theirs or found something that will fit?

Some LED signals can be compact in size but just as bright and visible as the bulky incandescent fixtures. However I can't see a visibility benefit to smoking the lenses. Also, the laws will specify the minimum spacing between the signals, so packing them in close to the bodywork would probably make them illegal.

The question of the logic in coolness overriding safety/visibility will never be answered, but examples of such are prevalent everywhere. I just let it go, since I'm free to choose, and the choices others make does not affect me.

Last edited:
Easy answer, because of the design of the bike they cant be removed entirely. I would have to cut that plastic nubbin off then patch the hole to make it flat. So instead Id rather just make them small and less noticeable.

I decided to use better more obvious blinkers and Im looking at getting new mirrors that have directionals built in. They are wider bigger and brighter then the stock ones so safety on the original isnt an issue only looks at this point.

Also you're right moving them closer is likely against the law but so is having HID kits and performance muffler among a lot of other common mods to bikes in most states. So Im not to concerned about it.

The reason the closer spacing is an issue ..........the headlight can totally washout the turn signal.......making them almost useless. Then add a brighter more powerful headlight just adds to the problem. Washout problem can also be a concern on the rear as well.

What would be interesting is actually measuring the light output from of the mods.........think there might be some surprises in the real numbers especially from signal lights.

Also you're right moving them closer is likely against the law but so is having HID kits and performance muffler among a lot of other common mods to bikes in most states. So Im not to concerned about it.

But a performance, "louder" muffler is not a safety issue item. Where as unseeable turn signals or blindingly bright headlight(s) could possibly be a safety related modification.

But a performance, "louder" muffler is not a safety issue item. Where as unseeable turn signals or blindingly bright headlight(s) could possibly be a safety related modification.

But my harley guy neighbors told me loud pipes save lives.... unless of course they rev their engines before 5am, in that case I'm going to kill them. ;)

Seriously though, there are enough aftermarket ways to add more light that I think removing the originals could be legit if they were replaced with something of equal or superior visibility. (like turn signals on aftermarket hand guards, or mirrors, etc.)

Anyhow a quick google search for "flush mount motorcycle turn signals" turns up a number of options on ebay, LED driven even so the total wattage with aux turn signals can remain the same if you so choose.... no idea what would fit the NC, Someone with more experience than I might have some insight on that part.

I
Anyhow a quick google search for "flush mount motorcycle turn signals" turns up a number of options on ebay, LED driven even so the total wattage with aux turn signals can remain the same if you so choose.... no idea what would fit the NC, Someone with more experience than I might have some insight on that part.
I have some flush mount turn signals that I bought and mounted on my V-Strom 650. Really liked the flush mount because they were not damaged or knocked off when ever I had a fall over. Just pick up the bike and ride away. But I'm sure they were not spaced adequately to meet vehicle laws, but they sure were trouble free and also looked nice. Haven't found a spot to mount them on my NC. Go with what you like, just be aware of the short comings.

Got these on mine - they are no less noticeable when flashing than the standard big 'n' blobby indies and look a whole lot better.

These pics were not taken specifically for the indies, but hopefully you get the idea.

Attachments

• IMG_2296.jpg
    IMG_2296.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_2281.jpg
    IMG_2281.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 244
Got these on mine - they are no less noticeable when flashing than the standard big 'n' blobby indies and look a whole lot better.

These pics were not taken specifically for the indies, but hopefully you get the idea.

Thanks Del Mar. Those look good. A couple questions. Could you post a link to where you got them? Possibly post a photo of where they bolt on and how that look?

Also Do you use that cross bar for mounting things to the handlebars? I was thinking of getting something like that for my phone.

One last question are those mirrors stock for the 750?

Back