• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Sky Bridge Station - Red River Gorge/Natural Bridge KY Trip - Planning Thread

Here are my initial thoughts for the meetup time/place. This will give people a place to meet, and those staying, we should be able to drop off gear and get checked in. It will allow everyone to make their own schedule for getting there when and how they want to. I know from where I am in Louisville, the shortest time period will be about 2 hours via expressway, much longer otherwise. At this point, there are no actual routes planned. If someone has one they want to do, by all means, we can do it. I was personally hoping to get into Natural Bridge SP for a bit as I recently (March) rode through Red River Gorge.

Time: 12:00 PM (Noon)
Place:
Sky Bridge Station
8 Ky 715
Pine Ridge, KY

All I need now is the day of the month, and day of the week to be there.

I think it is Saturday, May 2nd at noon? Is This correct?

Final planning - Louisville (and surrounding folks) I will be meeting up at 7:45 AM, with kickstands up at 8:00 AM, at the location below and heading out from there. While there is no official route planned, it will be discussed how we go once we are all together. I have my GPS set for No Highways and Scenic, so it will be one method, or someone can take point.

We have others meeting up at the hostel at noon, so we want to keep it pretty straightforward and not take too long. The one route I have on the GPS is about 3.5 hours. We will also be riding for a long while in the parks once we get settled in. Should be able to get 6 or 7 hours easy before the sun goes down.

Date: Saturday, May 2, 2015

Morning Meetup: E.P. Tom Sawyer Park
3000 Freys Hill Rd
Louisville, KY 40241
Time: 7:45 AM, leave at 8:00 AM

Final Meetup: Sky Bridge Station
8 Ky 715
Pine Ridge, KY
Time: 12:00 PM (Noon)

Verified the room yesterday, everything is good to go there. We will have another rider with us on the trip out of Louisville. She is on a Rebel 250, so we cant bang out at 100 miles an hour, I figure we put her in between. The only other thing she requested was we don't take the interstate, which isn't an issue. We will have to keep watch as her range is about 120 miles. She is a fairly new rider and I think she is just looking to ride as much as she can. She will meet us at the park, and will be crashing overnight as well. I did tell her there would be 3 or 4 older guys there, and she said that was ok.

no problem. My riding buddies in Bloomington, one of them rides a Rebel 250 (she is on her 2nd one) and we have ridden all over, to south Ga, Blueridge Parkway, Gettysburg. if we go the same way we did last time, instead of getting on the Interstate at Winchester, we can ride into downtown Winchester to US60, up to Hwy 15 and down to Slade. You lead, I can take up the rear, with her in the middle. We could also (probably the quickest with no interstate, is ride down to US60 out of park, and just ride US60 over to Winchester (have to ride thru downtown Lexington this route).

We will look through the route in tomorrow morning. It think it will be somewhat similar to the last time - which was a neat ride. US60 is always an option, it is just kinda boring.

6 of us (4 NCs) made it for the ride, including the overnight in the hostel. Brad (Deckyon), Jim (OCR), Matt, Steve, Kaitlin, and myself. This was my first time meeting OCR and my ribs still hurt from all the laughing from his stories (I think I laughed more in one day than I had in 10 years). OCR has to tell the story of his overnight stay in Bardstown Ky, he showed up Saturday morning hurting..... do tell OCR. Of the 6 bikes, 4 were NCs, one Rebel, and one SV650 (we wont hold it against him-I own a Suzuki C50 also).
Saturday was perfect riding. I met up with Brad, Matt, and Kaitlin in Louisville, and we took our time, staying off the superslab and took 4 hours to go 147 miles-some really good roads in central Ky. I know Deckyon took pictures, I have a few but have to get them uploaded first-pics to follow.

'What happens in Kentucky stays in My Old Kentucky Home'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Iron butted my way home. 1077 Miles. Left at 6:30 AM, arrived at the house at 01:30 AM

Will post videos as soon as I wake up, could be days.

Kentucky - The Adventures of Nana Chou - Day Two

Corvette

[video=youtube_share;A2Q28hwyyGA]http://youtu.be/A2Q28hwyyGA[/video]

Last edited:
It was a lot of fun, We had great weather, great roads, great company, good conversation, pizza and beer, all in all a great time. Looking forward to the next ride.

1-IMG_20150502_140553_203.jpg1-IMG_20150502_140524_588.jpg1-IMG_20150502_210859_458.jpg

Sky Bridge Station - Red River Gorge/Natural Bridge

The Ride

[video=youtube;U4s4-87khwM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4s4-87khwM[/video]

Last edited:
Back