• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Skully helmet pre release order for May 2015

Pretty interesting alright.

Not for me though, I think. The price is pretty steep but doable ( an extra $300.00 bucks on top, for us dirty foreigners, :eek: ) but there didn't seem to be any details on the materials it was made of, spare parts availability, or it's weight and so on, that I could find off hand.

I was amazed one can apparently get a Doctorate in "Industrial Psychology". :confused:

Pretty interesting alright.

an extra $300.00 bucks on top, for us dirty foreigners, :eek: )
Seriously WTF ! How can they take 300$ more to ship in Canada...Insulting ! Even if I'd like to have one (too expensive for me) the 300$ extra is s**t! I'm out !
Sorry folks but this kind of marketing guys piss me off !

it costs as much as the first motorcycle I ever owned. PT Barnum's most famous quote comes to mind.

I'm sorry.... technology like this is just not ready for prime time. $1500? That's outrageous.

God bless the good folk who can afford this helmet. I am not one of them.

Pairing this helmet with the Moto X would be pretty awesome. Remember the Moto X will respond to voice commands even when it is in a sleep state as it is always listening for you to say "Ok Google"

I want to know if the electronics are easily changed into a new shell, because are all supposed to get new helmets every few years. Then what will a new shell cost?

I want to know if the electronics are easily changed into a new shell, because are all supposed to get new helmets every few years. Then what will a new shell cost?

No worries. Electronics go obsolete faster than the helmet will age.

I did't read any articles on it but I assume you have to charge it or be plugged in all the time? That would be a hassle but it is a very cool concept.

Wi-Fi Direct technology and "VIRTUS" are contenders for replament of Bluetooth. Bluetooth Smart is going to help keep Bluetooth around for a bit. Your already starting to see Wi-Fi Direct though. My Samsung S5 has the capability and the transfer rate is much faster than Bluetooth. I've read the power consumption is higher so that is an issue right now. It won't be long though. I can see Wi-Fi Direct taking a good part of Bluetooths marketshare in the near future.

I was interested in this helmet at first. I signed up to be a Beta tester and everything. Then, they announced that extra points toward being a Beta tester would be given if you shared it on facebook and other social media. That made me see that they wanted publicity, not Beta testers. So far, everything about this helmet seems to be marketing driven. No information about the helmet itself has been shared, so, while the electronics may be great, the helmet is an unknown quantity. No information about head shapes the helmet is designed for, or non-electronics features. Lots of unknowns still for such an expensive helmet. If, when it is released, it reviews well and lots of good buzz is generated, then I suspect most major helmet manufacturers will follow suit within a few years and make the technology affordable by most folks.

Yeah Chuck I'm with you on having "to keep the helmet plugged in". Seems like a hassle although I keep my Sena charged up so maybe it's sorta-kinda the same. The deal breakers for me (assuming I wanted to spend $1400 on a helmet) is that it's not a flip face and doesn't have a built in flip up sunshade that I could see. These are two things as a glasses wearing rider that I doubt I will ever relinquish for a future helmet purchase. Now if it provided $1400 of enhanced protection over my current helmet I might consider it but as it stands I guess I value the protection of my brain somewhere between $250-$350. :D

Seems like this helmet would consume more energy that a Sena. A heads up display has to use a decent amount of power. Combine that with the rest of the electronics in the helmet I'd guess it consumes twice as much power as your Sena. Just a guess. Who knows.

Seems like this helmet would consume more energy that a Sena. A heads up display has to use a decent amount of power. Combine that with the rest of the electronics in the helmet I'd guess it consumes twice as much power as your Sena. Just a guess. Who knows.

I'm sure it uses more power but my point was just that after a day of riding I always re-charge the Sena so plugging in the Skully would probably be the same although in my mind it seems like more of a hassle. Now whether the Skully would last through a full day of riding is another question altogether and if I had to try to find a place to plug it in mid-ride or connect it to the bike to recharge, that would be a pain. I've never had the Sena run out of power even on my longest rides.

That's the thing with technology devises. It's so easy to become dependent on them and then when there unavailable for whatever reason one can feel "alone" or "naked" without it.

Accidently left my cell at home when I took a lengthy trip on the bike one time and at first I found myself concerned but then eventually realized the trips I'd taken before cell phones were invented and I'm like do you really need this? It's probably work trying to reach me anyways:p.

Just to be able to now wear quality motorcycle apparel that's fluorescent , reflective and protects you is a big plus. Other than looking like a POWERANGER , just the bike and me is all I want for Christmass:).

Back