• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

skinny dipping

I was surprised how much I noticed having the rear panniers off. They are way too useful not to have on for me, though, but if I were only going for a ride for fun around town I think I'll take them off in the future. I haven't tried taking off my touring V-Stream yet though

You also draw less attention with the side cases. I was driving to work going the same speed on the same route at the same time I've ridden to work for a year, I got pulled over, first time on a motorcycle, first time riding out of town without my side cases luckily I get off with a warning. Naked our motorcycles look to much like a crotch rocket

You also draw less attention with the side cases. I was driving to work going the same speed on the same route at the same time I've ridden to work for a year, I got pulled over, first time on a motorcycle, first time riding out of town without my side cases luckily I get off with a warning. Naked our motorcycles look to much like a crotch rocket

I would not say the NC looks at all crotch rocket like...my 07 FJR1300 I would say looked for more crotch-rocket than this bike and I drove that bike faster than any previous bike which were all even more crotch rocket like. (VTR, SV1000, 3 gens of VFR's)

What I would say with more certainty, is that the side cases/bags especially trunks and big windscreens are signals of a more mature and experienced rider, less likely to draw police attention.

What I would say with more certainty, is that the side cases/bags especially trunks and big windscreens are signals of a more mature and experienced rider, less likely to draw police attention.

I draw less attention from police by obeying the traffic laws. :cool:

Last edited:
I draw less attention from police by obeying the traffic laws. :cool:

Never over the speed limit? Always signal for turns and at the required distance? Full stops at stop signs? (I'm talking feet down) C'mon now, tell the truth.:)

I disobey many traffic laws regularly but I'm careful to not disobey them by too much.

OCR - that is not a pretty picture.

Sorry if this has gone off-topic.

Never over the speed limit? Always signal for turns and at the required distance? Full stops at stop signs? (I'm talking feet down) C'mon now, tell the truth.:)

I don't (intentionally) go over the speed limit. I don't really want to. How do you think I average 77 mpg? Yes, I signal turns for the same reasons I wear hi-viz clothing. I want others to see me and know my intentions.

The NC can be balanced vertical long enough at a standstill without putting a foot down to call it a full stop.

Do I have fun riding? Yes, very much.

Back on the original topic, I never run with side cases unless I absolutely need the storage capacity. Mine are fairly narrow, but they drop fuel mileage a few percent, and thus give me shorter range. The times I'm well into the 80s in mpg, or 300 mile range, it's without side bags.

Last edited:
Back