• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Silver Tire Valve Caps?

SilverRocket

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I lost one of mine, probably at the gas station when filling the tires.
Anyone know who has the OEM ones? Everything I see online is sliver chrome.

When I search and get results that say this:
"Purchasing the best honda valve stem caps is critical for you and we know."

They're for Honda cars...

To me, a valve stem cap is a valve stem cap, but everyone is different. I actually put a TPMS system on mine where the sensors take the place of the valve stem caps, and they communicate directly with my phone. Costs around $30 on Amazon.

Last edited:
As a sidebar, I saw enough TPMS cap failures in reviews to stick to old-fashioned monitoring, which is not such a bad habit anyway.

Sorry Silver, the PO must have removed/replaced the ones on mine as they are the standard black plastic ones now... otherwise i was considering replacing them with the TPMS ones anyway and you could have had them for $free99.00 :{P

Last edited:
Just go pick up some standard black valve stem caps for a dollar or two at any parts store or Walmart, pretty simple deal.

I have the silver wheels and the silver valve stems, so black caps look like crap.

I'm not spending money on an electric gadget that doesn't work, is unreliable, or tries to take the place of proper tire checks.
Guess I'll have to see if Honda sells them.

I have the silver wheels and the silver valve stems, so black caps look like crap.

I'm not spending money on an electric gadget that doesn't work, is unreliable, or tries to take the place of proper tire checks.
2ef40da8ea99aeadd11b142a70e775d7.jpg

2882529bd75ec47442ffbdb9a33115f8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Fobo works, at least for me. Is reliable and quite accurate, again - at least for me. Doesn't have to take the place of proper tire checks, although it does tell you pressure AND temperature when you're within range of your bike. What it does do that plain caps cannot do, is alert you during the ride of a slow or fast leak. You run over something on your ride that causes either of these conditions and getting an alert can be a life saver, or at least a problem minimizer. Also, because it monitors temperature, it can alert you to potential problems before they become real problems. I use them on my camper because a tire that is running too hot can soon be a tire that's shredding and taking part of your RV with it, and causing who knows what other damage and dangerous circumstances. On a bike, your tires suddenly running hot or low on air is an opportunity to pull over and check it out before you have a real problem on your hands. There's a reason they're required on all new cars.

Perfect solution? There's no such thing. But for me, my money and my comfort they work. YMMV and you're entitled to your opinion though.

Back