• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

SIDE CASE RECOMMENDATIONS

How are all of these systems when riding with a passenger? I'm looking for a system that can work well with having a passenger and not be intrusive to their legs.
I can tell you definitively, that the Givi Trekker Outback side cases DO interfere with a pillion’s leg room. I have to remove mine for my wife to ride.
That said, they are great in every other respect.

How are all of these systems when riding with a passenger? I'm looking for a system that can work well with having a passenger and not be intrusive to their legs.
Speaking only about the Blaze, I found one article that commented on their interference with a passenger. It was the only passenger related criticism I found. I don’t think the Blaze is intended for routine pillion riding considering the mounting system crosses the passenger seat.

I wonder if anyone can comment on OEM panniers, they’re just a lot more $$$ than I was hoping to spend.
OEM panniers:
Way overpriced
Limited to one choice
Hardware will likely not accept any other cases and cases possibly cannot be moved to another motorcycle
Clam shell style side case is not my thing.

I wonder if anyone can comment on OEM panniers, they’re just a lot more $$$ than I was hoping to spend.
I have the OEM side cases (2020 model). They look good, work great, and don't stick out in the wind as much as others. I had to order the silver side panels form Europe and the fitted Honda liners from Japan.

If only you could find a used pair. When I was outfitting my first NC700X I chose Givi for cost and versatility. I did not want to be locked into OEM panniers/top box that only fit the Honda mounting racks and the Givi panniers and top box I bought fit that '12 NC as well as two other motorcycles over a 9 year span. All I needed was to purchase the racks to mount them on other bikes. The current NC I have came with OEM panniers and top box. Because I don't need them to fit another motorcycle they actually work very well for me. The panniers are smaller than I am used to but I've been touring longer now and have cut down on the stuff I "need". The panniers & top box are large enough for solo touring and hug the motorcycle closely. The mounting system is very sturdy and they are easy to attach and remove. Keyed to the motorcycle ignition key so one key fits panniers and bike. I've only had side opening cases so I am used to them and now prefer them but most of the time I ride with just the top box which looks good to my eye on a silver bike.

My take on the Givi/Kappa V35/V37 side cases;

I have the V35 cases and my large Scorpion GT920 modular helmet can fit in. It is quite tight but it fits. I expect my helmet would be on the loose side in the V37.

I like the way Givi racks are built close to the motorcycle with a curvy rack. Side cases sticks out more than OEM but I find it to be OK considering it can swallow my helmet.

They don't interfere with the pillion legs.

1650140384044.png

Went with the factory setup in 2014 on my 2012 model. Even then the GIVI V35 was a hard option not to over look. When the factory 29L comes up short on the unique shape and limited size that is the price you pay for having a tight fitting bags. They are great with the mounting brkts when the bags are off and are designed to put that limited weight in the proper place to not upset the weight balance. As far as not having a lot of space and of their unique shape I have found that proper packing, keep the heavy items low and do not over back. Pack your bike like you are backpacking just what you need leave all that other stuff for car camping.

OEM panniers:
Way overpriced
Limited to one choice
Hardware will likely not accept any other cases and cases possibly cannot be moved to another motorcycle
Clam shell style side case is not my thing.
And they are an odd shape so not efficient in terms of space. I have them and would buy almost anything else if I could do it again.

I have the OEM side cases (2020 model). They look good, work great, and don't stick out in the wind as much as others. I had to order the silver side panels form Europe and the fitted Honda liners from Japan.
I was wondering if you could share where you purchased the silver panels.

50B673AF-B7DF-47DB-827E-982064BA1B80.jpeg
Just received my v47 and v37 from Italy today, took 9 days to get here. Saved almost 300 for the whole set from what I would have spent from a US retailer. My 2014 DCT came with monokey top and monokey side racks with some generic side cases attached in a funky way. If you could find racks the old side cases could be yours for cheap…pardon the dirt, wet commute this week.

933D3F2B-687E-4478-A1D1-835C8AA75A62.jpeg
52880FB7-C145-4A95-AA0A-FED5713634D9.jpeg

Like most mods, it all depends on what you prefer and value. For me, I've had 2 NC's with the oem side cases, one of which also has the oem top box. I sold the side cases and rear rack off the other bike, as it got converted to strictly track use only. My other NC (2016) has the side cases and top box, and I could not be happier with them.

Looks are a big deal to me, as I can't stand owning something that I hate looking at, and most all aftermarket side cases are hideous to me. That's just my preference. I usually only run with my top box on unless I am going for a weekend getaway, then I put the side cases back on. Between the frunk, side cases, and top box, I have never ran out of room to store stuff. Most of the time, even having room in the top box to lock up helmet or jacket while I'm out and about off of the bike. But I never stay gone for more than a couple nights, and am mostly a minimalist by nature with what I need to bring with me.

I think if I were to do one or the other instead of both, I'd definitely go for just the oem top box. It's roomy and handy as hell. But it also pairs well with the oem side cases as well.

20220423_135654.jpg

Screenshot_20220410-170504_Gallery.jpg

20210925_122542.jpg

20210925_165929.jpg

20210925_184357.jpg

20210906_134656.jpg

20210906_142742.jpg

20191227_131723.jpg

Like most mods, it all depends on what you prefer and value. For me, I've had 2 NC's with the oem side cases, one of which also has the oem top box. I sold the side cases and rear rack off the other bike, as it got converted to strictly track use only. My other NC (2016) has the side cases and top box, and I could not be happier with them.

Looks are a big deal to me, as I can't stand owning something that I hate looking at, and most all aftermarket side cases are hideous to me. That's just my preference. I usually only run with my top box on unless I am going for a weekend getaway, then I put the side cases back on. Between the frunk, side cases, and top box, I have never ran out of room to store stuff. Most of the time, even having room in the top box to lock up helmet or jacket while I'm out and about off of the bike. But I never stay gone for more than a couple nights, and am mostly a minimalist by nature with what I need to bring with me.

I think if I were to do one or the other instead of both, I'd definitely go for just the oem top box. It's roomy and handy as hell. But it also pairs well with the oem side cases as well.

View attachment 49183

View attachment 49184

View attachment 49185

View attachment 49186

View attachment 49187

View attachment 49188

View attachment 49189

View attachment 49190
I'm kind of leaning toward the OEM myself for some of the same reasons. My bike came with the OEM top case and I would like to have it all match for aesthetics. I'm having a hard time finding the silver decorative panels anywhere. A couple of bags of groceries, clothes for an overnight trip to visit my daughters, odds and ends, is all I'm going to use them for and I think they look the best. I'm wondering if the panel for the CTX bags will fit.

Can anyone send a pic of the side shell case opened.? I’ve heard it’s a clamshell design and some people do not like how it works. The local Honda dealer quoted me a little over $1000 for the mounting system and side cases alone, not installed.

Can anyone send a pic of the side shell case opened.? I’ve heard it’s a clamshell design and some people do not like how it works. The local Honda dealer quoted me a little over $1000 for the mounting system and side cases alone, not installed.
Jeez, a grand not even installed? Just FWIW, I noticed this when I searched Amazon for NC accessories. If I didn't already have cases for mine, I'd be all over this. Plus, I've always liked the look of soft bags myself. I have some on my Magna cruiser and the supports were cheap. All-in under $200.
Screenshot_20220430-064607_kindlephoto-185311969.png

I can't help with the original question but Partzilla and Revzilla sell them for a bunch less. Plus, Revzilla gives you a 10% discount if you are a veteran plus another $50.00 back in a gift card. You can find them cheaper still.

With a vet discount, and the $50.00 gift card, they are $690.00.

All I've ever had is side-opening panniers on bikes and I like them. The latches on the Honda panniers are just like the latches on Givi E36 and G42 panniers I've had on other bikes. Secure and easy to use.

IMG_2111.jpg

View attachment 49180
Just received my v47 and v37 from Italy today, took 9 days to get here. Saved almost 300 for the whole set from what I would have spent from a US retailer. My 2014 DCT came with monokey top and monokey side racks with some generic side cases attached in a funky way. If you could find racks the old side cases could be yours for cheap…pardon the dirt, wet commute this week.

View attachment 49181
View attachment 49182
Any chance we could get pictures of your bike with the top box on?

Back