• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Show Us Your Pet Pictures

What a great idea for a thread. I enjoy seeing everyone else's pets. We have five cats in our home. All were rescued from animal shelters.

We have had Comet (4) the longest. We brought her home when just was just a couple of months old. We spend a lot of time together doing various things. Here she is on the paddleboard with me.
nc.comet.jpg

Ninja (3) came to our home to be Comet's buddy. Comet has lots of energy a needed a playmate. At the time we brought Comet home we had two other senior cats that didn't want to play much. Ninja and Comet get along very well.
nc.ninja.jpg

Peanut (8) was in need of a good home and she reminded me a great deal of another cat we had recently lost that was almost the same age. She is a real sweetheart.
nc.peanut.jpg

Spunky (14) and her 'sister' Tarzanna (14) had been together since they were just a few weeks old. The person who had them most of their lives had to give them up and they needed a home where they could go together. We have had them for about nine months now.
nc.spunky.jpg

nc.tarzanna.jpg

Sookie, rescued doberman. Natural ears and tail.

IMG_20140610_134827173_HDR.jpg

Adopted her from the dog pound when she was ~7mos old. She was a runaway living on the streets about a month by the time they caught her. Here's the pic I saw on the pound website, got up and went there. She looked so scared and sad I felt like I had to go visit and see if she liked me. The (now-ex) wife was dead-set against it. I didn't care. Now Sookie and I live a good, happy life in a small town in the country. Both of us can do whatever we want on the couch. :)

liz11-1375D.jpg

Last edited:
Adopted her from the dog pound when she was ~7mos old. She was a runaway living on the streets about a month by the time they caught her. Here's the pic I saw on the pound website, got up and went there. She looked so scared and sad I felt like I had to go visit and see if she liked me. The (now-ex) wife was dead-set against it. I didn't care. Now Sookie and I live a good, happy life in a small town in the country. Both of us can do whatever we want on the couch. :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416999238.399076.jpg

Your case is certainly a refreshing twist on the old "My wife ran away with my dog and I sure do miss him" tale.

For years I have remarked to my family that I would like to have a dog....so somebody would be glad to see me when I come home.

I never dreamed a dog could work the sort of magic Sookie has.

Last edited:
This is Deuce. Got him from a rescue group 8 years ago as a nearly grown pup. Advertised as Weimeriner mix, but on a trip to Texas last year a friend told me he was a Blue Lacy, the Texas state dog. Looked it up on the internet and the first picture that comes appears to be his twin.

Rescues make the best pets in my experience.

Picture taken in route to Texas on that trip when I stopped at a closed Sawmill to remove some equipment. Mill fenced in so I let him run free but he wouldn't let me leave him the first day there. He didn't like walking on grating of stairs and catwalks, but followed me anyway.

IMG_0934.jpg

Now what would ever make you even think I stole your drink.

Tas.jpg

My Dog : Tasmanian Devil or sometimes when he decides to acknowledge you - Tas

Last edited:
I would like to introduce you to the newest member of the Silverhound family. Her name is Lily and she is the niece of my boy Lucius and will be his new playmate.

Lily Silverhound
A1BA56C2-53AC-400D-BBF9-DE2B637968B1_zps0qf3h8fv.jpg

This is her proud Uncle Lucius who has previously been introduced in this thread
IMG_1962-2_zps16507803.jpg

Say hello to Kirk. Part dog, part human.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 110
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 111
*Squee* PUPPY!!! I'm not generally a fan of Weimaraners (okay, I'm not a fan of people who buy gun-dogs without understanding their exercise/training requirements), but those are a couple very nice looking dogs.

*Squee* PUPPY!!! I'm not generally a fan of Weimaraners (okay, I'm not a fan of people who buy gun-dogs without understanding their exercise/training requirements), but those are a couple very nice looking dogs.

Oh I assure you that even though I don't hunt, my pup gets his daily exercise. Weims are high energy dogs and if we don't wear him out he's impossible. Twice a day he goes for a 2-4 mile walk and we stop mid-walk to run him until he quits. In the warmer weather we take him to a river and he swims or fetches a ball from the water until he give's up. Then another once or twice we play frisbee or ball with him in the back yard. He's not a city dog. With two now once she gets older I expect they will have a lot of play time together which is why we decided to get a second one.

Oh I assure you that even though I don't hunt, my pup gets his daily exercise. Weims are high energy dogs and if we don't wear him out he's impossible. Twice a day he goes for a 2-4 mile walk and we stop mid-walk to run him until he quits. In the warmer weather we take him to a river and he swims or fetches a ball from the water until he give's up. Then another once or twice we play frisbee or ball with him in the back yard. He's not a city dog. With two now once she gets older I expect they will have a lot of play time together which is why we decided to get a second one.

It sounds like Lucius does a good job of keeping you in shape.

Back