• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

shopping for rear luggage rack

Willie

Reaction score
Visit site
I am looking for a luggage rack for my nc, what are you folks partial to and why? Also who might have the Honda rack, and how do you like it?

SW Motech Alu Rack with the Givi adapter plate. It's good looking (IMHO), light weight, and big enough on it's own to tie down a small parcel, bag or rain gear/jacket/etc. With the adapter locked in place I can mount any Givi Monokey top case.

SW Motech Alu Rack with the Givi adapter plate. It's good looking (IMHO), light weight, and big enough on it's own to tie down a small parcel, bag or rain gear/jacket/etc. With the adapter locked in place I can mount any Givi Monokey top case.

Thank You, I will check the SW Motech rack out.l

I have the Givi stuff... the FZ1111 arms and Givi E251 universal rack. The universal rack is a nice flat area to tie down stuff too... same idea, slightly cheaper but a different look than the SW Motech.

One thing I like about the universal plate is that you can mount it forward or back a few inches depending on whether you want the top box sticking out the back of your bike less or more passenger room. Just remember to leave enough to open the rear seat for gas.

bef3Gsu.jpg

PEQvjwn.jpg

This the V47 top box mounted as far forward as possible:
J0GJxZn.jpg

Last edited:
Thank You

I have the Givi stuff... the FZ1111 arms and Givi E251 universal rack. The universal rack is a nice flat area to tie down stuff too... same idea, slightly cheaper but a different look than the SW Motech.

One thing I like about the universal plate is that you can mount it forward or back a few inches depending on whether you want the top box sticking out the back of your bike less or more passenger room. Just remember to leave enough to open the rear seat for gas.

bef3Gsu.jpg

PEQvjwn.jpg

J0GJxZn.jpg

Thank You for this info, I will check out the Givi stuff as well. Als I appreciate the pictures.

Thank You

bef3Gsu.jpg

PEQvjwn.jpg

J0GJxZn.jpg

Thank You for this info, I will check out the Givi stuff as well. Also, and
i appreciate the pictures.

+1 on the SWM Alu-Rack. I like the way it looks on it's own and it provides just enough storage space to free up the back seat which means not having to move anything on fuel stops. It also means that I can buy a top box at some point in the future and use one of their adapter plates to match it up with whatever brand I go with (some limitations) without having to pick that brand now. As for the immediate use, I also bought the soft bag carrier plate which makes the surface area a great size for my Wolfman duffel bag mounted sideways. Plenty of tie-down options, 3 x 1/4 turn mounting screws make it real quick to add/remove. Weekdays it stays on, weekend rides it comes off.

Here's some pics of the installed SWM Alu-Rack with and without the soft bag carrier plate.

Packed and ready with a bag full for a weekend away
20170825_144439-web.jpg

With soft bag carrier plate
20170401_173710-web.jpg

20170401_173719-web.jpg

20170401_173731-web.jpg

Without carrier plate, just 3 fasteners, 1/4 turn on each
20170401_174051-web.jpg

20170401_174104-web.jpg

With Wolfman bag
20170401_172303-web.jpg

20170401_172209-web.jpg

Thank you for all of the pictures, looks just like the setup I would like, any idea what the payload weight rating is?

[HERE] is a post (with pictures) that mentions most of the items you will need.
The "arms" are the most important, as you can attach any kind of platform you like, even a home made one.
giviarmsnc.jpg

Thank you for all of the pictures, looks just like the setup I would like, any idea what the payload weight rating is?

16.5lbs for the Alu-Rack is the official rating. It is strong sturdy stuff though. I've carried a small desktop computer, two laptops, a tablet, and a large network switch along with my daily gym gear, lunch, rain gear and regular 'work essentials' without any issues. Didn't weigh the bag, but it was up there!!

I am looking for a luggage rack for my nc, what are you folks partial to and why? Also who might have the Honda rack, and how do you like it?

I have a Hepco & Becker rack on my NC
GIVI rack on my wife's NC
Never closely examined SW Motec or other brands of racks, but I've only heard good things about SW Motec

The finish on the GIVI rack is better than the finish that matches the NC, while the finish is glossy on the Hepco & Becker.
The Hepco & Becker is a "quick detach" style that allows the side rack to be removed in about 60 seconds.
The GIVI racks probably works with more brands of side cases as many brands make them to work with GIVI

Honestly the reason we have the above racks are: Givi came from the dealer that sold us the bike, he recommended it and gave us a great price. The H&B was purchased on price alone, got such a good deal on the rack and a set of industrial strength H&B Gobi side cases that I could not pass it up. Very happy with it, but probably will eventually re-paint it with a matte finish paint to match the NC's frame.

Last edited:
Back