Shinko 705 rear taller than stock

PolkaPig578

Reaction score
Just wondering if my center stand and kick stand will work if I get the shinko 705. Front size matches perfectly but the rear is taller by 10 I believe.

670cc

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Mods
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Side stand and center stand will work fine with the slightly taller 150/70 tire. You will have slightly taller gearing, and the speedo will be a little off, but the difference is negligible.

SlimDude

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If you went for the 170 rear the centerstand is fine. You might want to get one of those 'feet' that bolt onto the bottom of the kick stand as the bike will sit taller. That's my experience. Also, my speedo was more accurate with the 170 Shinko 705.

Jguarfn28

Reaction score
I've been running big 705's for 6 years and my stock center stand is fine. I throw a foot long 2x4 underneath if i really need clearance.

New Commuter700

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just wondering if my center stand and kick stand will work if I get the shinko 705. Front size matches perfectly but the rear is taller by 10 I believe.
The difference in height is only 6 mm if you chose the 170/60 like I did, this tire is also slightly wider which will make the bike a little higher on the side stand, but by a negligible amount. The 170 is the width in millimeters and the 60 is called the aspect ratio, it is 60 percent of the width. I did notice a slight difference when riding but I got used to it. When I put it on the stand though I really did not notice the difference. Also with the deep tread on the Shinko, after a bit of wear it should be down to the height of other tires with less tread, like the stock. You'll see bigger problems with the side stand when trying to leave it on a slight slope than with a tire that is less than a 1/4 inch higher when new.

btw - If you chose the 150/70 the difference is 9 mm but it is a narrower tire.