• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Shifting Progression

I've found that my NC's shift points are like my car's. I drive a Mazda3 2.0 liter (Skyactiv) with a manual transmission. I guess similar shift points are not surprising, since both have 6 speeds, almost the same redline, and are tuned for economy. The NC is my first motorcycle, so no adaptation was required.

BTW, one of the NC's virtues is that it gets better fuel economy than my car. I can't see owning a motorcycle that doesn't.

I know this is a really old thread but it was really helpful - I was looking for this exact topic... I'm like the OP and was worried about the noise/vibration. I just purchased a 2014 NC700X and thought the shift points in the manual were really low... I agree 2 years later that ~3000 rpm is where the sweet spot is for smoothness. I'll keep testing out different shift patterns, though.

I swear that my bike has picked up a bad vibration around the 3000-3500 rpm range. At almost 40,000k miles i really don't remember it being this bad.

I have new spark plugs on the way as i figure why not at this point.

I swear that my bike has picked up a bad vibration around the 3000-3500 rpm range. At almost 40,000k miles i really don't remember it being this bad.

I have new spark plugs on the way as i figure why not at this point.

tires? pull in the clutch if non DCT , still feel vibration?, prob the front tire. mine makes a good humm at speed.

Back