• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Shake down ride II

TrailtrekerNJ

Reaction score
Visit site
Got in a second ride today, this one after installing some accessories.
The luggage does not seem to affect the handling of the bike while riding, although my long leg does hit into it, getting on or off. Can't swing the leg out wide but keep it crooked and sort of skip/hitch over the seat.
Will be looking for mirror extenders, to give a better view behind me.
Added a gel pad to the seat, this raises me up a bit and eases the pressure on my hips. Still do not like the angle of my legs.
Hopefully to further resolve the hip pressure, leg angle, by raising the front of the seat.
Will wait till winter to possibly go with Laam Custom Seats for an upgrade.
Added a Lee Parks Design Omni-Cruise Throttle Lock, to give the throttle hand a break. Went with this one due to it being made in America.
Oh yeah, grabbed a couple of hot dogs at a local joint.

Attachments

• 0421221310d~2.jpg
    0421221310d~2.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 30
  • 0421221206c.jpg
    0421221206c.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 29
Looking good. Thinking I'll do the Laam Seat over the winter as well. How do you keep the gel pad attached to the seat? I haven't figured out how to attach highway pegs yet. Thinking they would be a good idea to let me stretch my legs once in a while. Have you taken a look at the Double Take Mirrors to see if that might be an option for you? I do not have them but have seen others (not NC750X) with them who like them. Most of them are hardcore adventure riders though. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ts-20&linkId=3a3c35f35779ef708f7d789f71812e96

Looking good. Thinking I'll do the Laam Seat over the winter as well. How do you keep the gel pad attached to the seat? I haven't figured out how to attach highway pegs yet. Thinking they would be a good idea to let me stretch my legs once in a while. Have you taken a look at the Double Take Mirrors to see if that might be an option for you? I do not have them but have seen others (not NC750X) with them who like them. Most of them are hardcore adventure riders though. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ts-20&linkId=3a3c35f35779ef708f7d789f71812e96
So far my fat butt holds the gel pad in place pretty good. I just adjust it when I get on the bike.
I'll look into those mirrors, thanks.
Was thinking of highway pegs also, but would need the engine guard to attach them? The engine guard was a future addition.

The luggage does not seem to affect the handling of the bike while riding, although my long leg does hit into it, getting on or off. Can't swing the leg out wide but keep it crooked and sort of skip/hitch over the seat.
Added a gel pad to the seat, this raises me up a bit and eases the pressure on my hips. Still do not like the angle of my legs.
Hopefully to further resolve the hip pressure, leg angle, by raising the front of the seat.
Added a Lee Parks Design Omni-Cruise Throttle Lock, to give the throttle hand a break. Went with this one due to it being made in America.
I'm on a diet so the hot dog looks better than the bike to me! Kidding aside, glad you are having fun. Beautiful part of the country to ride in where you live.

So far my fat butt holds the gel pad in place pretty good. I just adjust it when I get on the bike.
Was thinking of highway pegs also, but would need the engine guard to attach them? The engine guard was a future addition.
The previous owner of my bike installed a set of folding highway pegs without using engine guards to mount them. Probably the Kuryakyn #7993. They clamped around the frame tubes down low. I don't find highway pegs comfortable and removed them.

NC700X Highway Pegs.jpg

Believe you would need the lower crash bars but have not looked to closely yet. Dealing installing some bar back risers for me on Monday. I was going to do it but they owe me a center stand that they were finally putting on so decided to make my life a bit easier and just have them install the risers while the bike was there. Hear it's no issues to add them but there are lots of wires to be careful with. If you put on those mirrors let us know how they work out and if it's an easy swap.

Great looking bike, congrats. Any chance you have a photo of the back with the luggage installed?

Back