• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Shad USA seat discontinued!!!!!

Can you elaborate a bit for me on this, please? I know you sent it back, but the comment I made bold, above, caused my mind to think the Sargent seat had what I would call ‘pressure points’ on those pelvic bone points. Did it sit like that for you: Did it have pressure points on your pelvic bone? I’m not looking for a new NCX seat, but I’m curious about Sargent’s shaping philosophy for another bike.

On a separate but related note:
There has been talk in this thread of seat break-in, particularly with respect to Corbin. I’ve had a Corbin on my 2012 NCX for many years now, and tens of thousands of miles. I did a ride-in for it. In my experience with that seat, the concept of ‘break-in’ on a Corbin is pure fantasy. It’s just as hard today as it was the day it was built in 2015 (or was it ‘16? I don’t recall any longer).
In contrast, my Shad seat ‘broke in’ by feeling even softer than it did when new, to the point that I found the foam almost useless.

Seats are very strange things, insofar as how very different we each want them to feel.

P.S. I put the factory seat back on Wiley the other day, and was reminded just how atrociously bad it is. Even though I find the Corbin too hard for my liking, the basic shape is good and the materials and workmanship are quality.
The Sargent felt pretty firm to me. I didn't take the bike for a ride since I knew immediately it would have to be sent back, so I wanted to make sure I didn't "use" it. The stock seat for 2021 is very soft and comfortable at first, but for long rides in warm/hot weather, is too soft for me. I understand the older NCs have hard seats. Honda probably thinks they can never make everyone happy. I have noticed the stock seat is easier for me when riding on cold days. I think hot weather softens the foam such that it is too soft. When first sitting on the Sargent, I was a bit worried that it maybe was too hard, but I had heard that it takes 1,000 miles to "break in". I have no comment on that because I have only ever owned OEM seats. My FJR seat seemed to me to actually get harder over the years. I think as the foam ages, it gets less resilient. That seat was tough to ride on days where I had to cover more than 150 miles, but I did that and many more on many occasions. My Tiger seat was perfect on mile 1 and stayed that way. I never had any issues with it. This NC seat is ok for about 20-30 minutes in hot weather, maybe an hour or more in cold weather. By "cold", I mean California cold, which is warm to many people. I'd say that is 50-55º F.

I hope the Corbin is comfortable enough because I plan to get one when they are available. Was yours unbearably hard?

Back