• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Shad seat low vs regular

danix

Reaction score
Visit site
Is there such a thing as a Shad low? I bought and installed a used seat and it feels too low for me, to the point where my legs are uncomfortable.
Shad's site only shows color choices.

Is there such a thing as a Shad low? I bought and installed a used seat and it feels too low for me, to the point where my legs are uncomfortable.
Shad's site only shows color choices.
I know of only one Shad seat height choice for the NCX models. I have tried a Shad seat, purchased new, and used it for 5000 miles. The profile of the Shad seat makes it appear to be taller in the front section than the stock seat. However, the foam is much softer, so the rider tends to drop into a low pocket close to the front of the seat due to the forward leaning slope of the seat pan. Due to the soft foam, with rider weight on the seat, the front may even be lower than the front of the stock seat.

I bought a new Shad about a year ago and there were no different height options offered to me. Ditto on everything else 670cc said.

I know of only one Shad seat height choice for the NCX models. I have tried a Shad seat, purchased new, and used it for 5000 miles. The profile of the Shad seat makes it appear to be taller in the front section than the stock seat. However, the foam is much softer, so the rider tends to drop into a low pocket close to the front of the seat due to the forward leaning slope of the seat pan. Due to the soft foam, with rider weight on the seat, the front may even be lower than the front of the stock seat.

Did you replace with something else? If so, what?

Did you replace with something else? If so, what?
I tried a Sargent when they first came out, but it didn’t work for me. Then, I put 5000 miles on a Shad. I then used a Saddlemen seat for a really long time, but it wasn’t perfect. In between I sampled a Russell Day Long, but this particular one was built for someone else, and I hated it. So, last year I took another stab at a Seat Concepts. The first time, way back in 2013 or 14, I didn’t like the Seat Concepts, but this time I ordered it with a lower density foam, and I reshaped the foam myself, to my preferences, before installing the cover. I am now quite satisfied with my modified Seat Concepts kit. It will be a keeper.

Here is my thread on the Seat Concepts mod: https://www.nc700-forum.com/threads/seat-concepts-version-2-0.16005/#post-216855

Last edited:
The Shad definitely sits lower than stock for me. I threw an Airhawk over the seat and it made a world of difference. If I'm going to do that, I might as well sell the Shad and go back to stock.

The Shad definitely sits lower than stock for me. I threw an Airhawk over the seat and it made a world of difference. If I'm going to do that, I might as well sell the Shad and go back to stock.

I have an extra stock seat i may part with if you'd like to work something out for your Shad. Do you have the pillion seat for it as well or just the driver's seat from Shad? PM me if you'd like. :{)

Back