• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

SHAD Comfort Seat

for those who are UK base heres the link and phone no for shads seats.
OXFORD PRODUCTS Ltd
DE HAVILLAND WAY, 0
OX29 0YA, WITNEY
Telf.: (+44) 1993 862 300
Fax.: (+44) 1993 862 320
Oxford Products

After my first 200 mile yesterday, I came home and ordered the Shad seat. I was gonna go with the Seat Concepts rebuild, but I really like the looks of the Shad. The seat should get the NC ready for Yellowstone in July.

huh... all I got today was an invoice

I guess if they got their shipment in , DominusFl will get his first?

Did you register your account on their site if so login to your account to check your shipping info.If you got an invoice via email it should have shipped.

I ordered mine on Tuesday, Got an invoice today with a tracking #. Number isn't in the system as of 8pm tonight. I'll have to check in the morning.

You can generate UPS numbers in advance of shipping. We just need to keep checking until the UPS system gets the actual box in their possession and updates the system. I'm hoping they will ship them before the weekend.

I'm not ready to change my seat quite yet. Only had the bike a little over a month and still just fine with it. However, I would like to say that I ordered the SHAD37 Cargo with fittings from SHADUSA and they're customer services had been excellent! Would definitely order from them again.

Contacted Shad and the seats haven't arrived yet. They expect them next week and are printing labels and getting things ready to ship as soon as the seats get to the states.

Contacted Shad and the seats haven't arrived yet. They expect them next week and are printing labels and getting things ready to ship as soon as the seats get to the states.

You just saved me a phone call (thought the tracking number might be bad)! Although I think the current seat is just fine (I don't have the forward sliding issue many seem to have) I pulled the trigger on one as it is supposedly designed to eliminate hot spots (which I do have issue with after a couple of hours in the saddle).

Last edited:
Skip,

I would love to see pics of your Shad box and mount once you get it installed.

Will do. I've got it installed and picked up some small ROK straps for the cargo rack. Works GREAT! I really think I'm going to be able to pack everything I need for a 3-6week trip using just the front compartment, one waterproof compression bag ROK-strapped to the back seat (ROK straps make it easy to unbuckle, fill gas, and rebuckle), the 40L SHAD box with my tent, etc. ROK strapped to the cargo rack. I'll put the stuff I need quick access too, ie. camera, gloves, rain gear, wallet, sunscreen, etc. in the front compartment. Either laptop or iPad with all the charging stuff, book, maps, maybe a couple tools, chain lube, maybe a GoPro Hero 3 setup, minimal camp cooking stuff, etc. in the topbox. My clothes, towel, extra cold weather minimal stuff the compresses well and would cover me in a pinch in colder, higher altitude, ie. thin thermal top/bottom, wool socks, thermal face mask, etc. Also my hammock, bivy sack, hanging straps, etc. and anything that compresses easy into the waterproof compression sack. And my tent and anything I forgot to mention, ROK-strapped to the cargo shelf. I really don't think I'm going to need paniers at all and still carry everything I want.

Will pack it all up this week sometime and head out for a quick 3-5 day camping trip to see if it's really going to work out with just what I've listed. Will upload a pic with it all loaded from the road. :)

I was wondering if anyone who has ordered the shad seat has received it yet and had a chance to try it yet. Would be interested to hear if it is an improvement on the original.

The seats are expected to arrive at the Shad US facility this week. They will most likely ship next week. Shipping labels have been printed and orders are supposed to be sent out as quick as they come in.

E-mail from Shad:

Dear Valued Customer,

We would like to update you on the recent of your SHAD Style Comfort Seat for the NC700.

This morning we received a confirmation from factory that the seats will be shipping out to us via Air Courier early next week. We were pushing hard for shipment late this week however, considering this is a brand new product we have no control over this. Our office will be among the first worldwide to receive the NC700 Seats. All shipping labels and invoices have been processed, allowing us to ship your orders the day they arrive at our office, ensuring the fastest possible turn around time and delivery.

We are enthusiastic about the arrival of the new seats for the NC700 and thank you the support and interest generated to date. We very much look forward to your comments, pictures and reviews (good or bad!) and hope we are all able to share these unbiased reviews with prospective NC700 seat buyers.

Thank you for your business.

Back