• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

SHAD Comfort Seat

Not sure... Do you think they will not allow negative reviews on their site? :) :) :)

I feel they incentivize people to submit reviews which may be more glowing than what they may have said in a neutral venue without remuneration, rendering the value of the reviews suspect. Bad idea. Not saying I wouldn't consider their product because of that, but I certainly wouldn't pay any attention to any testimonials on their site now that I know this.

I'm willing to give it a try. In the past they've put a lot of effort into the models that they've sold (like the MP3 that Fuzzy mentioned... just not the 500/Fuoco version that I had). Shad makes some really solid products. Hopefully they offer a few different aesthetic options. The price is pretty reasonable compared to a custom job which is good if you're on the East Coast. For some reason the West Coast has a monopoly on saddle upholsterers. I guess that has a lot to do with the weather.
The West Coast doesn't have a total monopoly on custom seat builders. Sargent seats is located in Jacksonville, FL and they would probably charge about the same as the cost of the Shad to build a custom seat with your choice of cover material and color. The downside is you would have to send them your seats, and Jacksonville may be a little too far South on the East Coast for you.

Bob

would have thought you were more of the function over form sort of guy.......
just saying; to each his own, eh?

You are right there. It's more important that it be a quality piece of functional engineering than what it looks like. I choose function over form anytime.
One of my fav. books of all time is Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance which has a lot to say about that subject.

I feel they incentivize people to submit reviews which may be more glowing than what they may have said in a neutral venue without remuneration, rendering the value of the reviews suspect. Bad idea. Not saying I wouldn't consider their product because of that, but I certainly wouldn't pay any attention to any testimonials on their site now that I know this.

Then again maybe they are just confident in the value of their products and are trying to get the word out. Giving an incentive like a price break for a review seems more like handing out free samples to me. I would think any taint of the opinions they get return for the price breaks would be minimal, but that's just what I think.... As pretty much ANYTHING should beat the OEM seat, I'm thinking about going for it. (PLUS there is that stupid stripe on the passenger seat thing I mentioned earlier....)

Last edited:
So they give you a price break if you post a reveiw,what if you post a bad reveiw??.Are they going to run your card and add some $$$ for a bad reveiw??,you have already paid for the seat!!!.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speaking of reviews in general....
It is really not often that you can make your mind up about a purchase based on the internet reviews.
I pretty much disregard any review as a given, It's an opinion, no more no less.
Any WEB site that sells stuff and puts "Reviews" section on it is obviously picking the most glorious sounding ones. Who wrote them? The owners? Thier Web master? Their Site designer? We never know... And I personally do not care since I don't trust them anyway.

On the other hand, owners groups (like ours and many others) have more honest opinions. Still, as we all know opinions may differ and that's OK.
But at least here (and places like here) one can sift thru the material and make a more or less educated guess about the product, especially because many people post their specifics like height, in seam, weight, etc,.... which one can relate to.

I have a fine grasp of the obvious, don't I? He-he-he ..... :)

Thanks for letting us know the integrity of their reviews is tainted.

so, if I happen to like the seat and post positive comments in a review you would question my integrity and consider me fraudulent?

as far as integrity is concerned, my discount was up front so that speak volumes of their integrity and confidence in their product.

how do they know my review will be positive? how do they know I'll even send in a review and pictures?

they don't

I won't know utill I fit the seat and pile on some long distance miles, but fortunately there are still people in this world that have ethics and I will follow through and give them my opinion and send them pictures.

I started this post because I thought others may be interested.... I'm not a vendor or stakeholder in the company.

I'm not doing this for them, I'll doing this for me. I want a seat that is comfortable for more than 20 miles and saving some money isn't a bad thing.

I ordered one through my local dealer (I like to give them business unless the online vendor is practically giving it away, heh) and plan on chiming in with my opinion on it. I get the "tainted review" angle, but I don't see it apply in this case. If you post the review on the forum here, Shad has zero control over it. On their website, sure, they can lock that down - no question. Here though... anyone who posts a dishonestly biased review is being kinda tardy for no reason. Once it's shipped out and the previously agreed upon price has been charged, they can't go back and charge you again (that's fraudulent and stupid). I think that concern is unwarranted.

I can personally speak to Shad's products. They've a pretty solid company. They could use a little finesse in their side case options, but pretty much everything else they offer is well thought out and aggressively priced.

Since they're offering a well thought out seat design that's bolt on I've decided to go with them instead of shipping off my seat to the West coast for a few weeks. The way I figure it is that the worst case scenario is that it doesn't work and I send the OEM seat off to be redone while I have the Shad seat on my bike. Once I get the custom (that's mostly guesswork since I can't offer my opinions in person) seat back, I sell off the Shad seat to someone who'll view it as a godsend. It seems like a win-win for me.

so, if I happen to like the seat and post positive comments in a review you would question my integrity and consider me fraudulent?

You personally? No. I don't know you.

A paid-for review on the maker's site? As I said, the integrity is suspect and I would choose to ignore it regardless of who wrote it.

I read a few good reviews on their seat for other bikes.I've decided to take a chance and ordered a seat.
I'll let you know how it works out once it's here and installed.

I sent them an email asking about the logo and the bottom part of the pillion which is grey on their pictures. My bike is all black, so I've asked if that was possible to get a black seat, without any grey on it.... Nope... Looks like they designed the seat without knowing there were NC's other than silver. Will someone with a black or red NC will buy a grey seat ? Here is their reply:

Dear Francis,

Thank you for your email. The seat will be available in the following options:

SHH0N710C: Black-grey with red seams
SHH0N720C: Black-grey with grey seams

The seat is only available with the writing in the pillion.

Any other question please let me know.

Regards

I sent them an email asking about the logo and the bottom part of the pillion which is grey on their pictures. My bike is all black, so I've asked if that was possible to get a black seat, without any grey on it.... Nope... Looks like they designed the seat without knowing there were NC's other than silver. Will someone with a black or red NC will buy a grey seat ? Here is their reply:

Dear Francis,

Thank you for your email. The seat will be available in the following options:

SHH0N710C: Black-grey with red seams
SHH0N720C: Black-grey with grey seams

The seat is only available with the writing in the pillion.

Any other question please let me know.

Regards

Thanks for posting that,I sent them an e-mail asking for no red on my seat as my bike is black.I don't think the grey on the pillion will matter as my rack is grey also.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting that,I sent them an e-mail asking for no red on my seat as my bike is black.I don't think the grey on the pillion will matter as my rack is grey also.

Pls post a review with pictures once you get it, I am sill not decided wich way to go with the seat.

Thanks.

Pls post a review with pictures once you get it, I am sill not decided wich way to go with the seat.

Thanks.

Will do,it may be a little while though as I don't even know if they have stock yet.Then it will have to ship from the States via USPS,estimated time 5 to 10 business days.

Back