• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

SGT at the dragon lodging plans.

Where wold we most likely stay.

• Camping, the stars, nature, and an arms reach from the NCX(s)

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Hotel, even when I "camp" it's in a RV.

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Some can camp, others can hotel it, lets just try to stay at the same places.

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • Everyone is on their own.

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters

frozenpoet

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
What are the ideas for where to stay? If we can get most people to agree on one place, depending on how many are coming, we might be able to work out a discount. One thing that has to be looked at is when and how long people are going to stay. I'm looking to spend the weekend down there from Friday to Sunday, and I know a few has said the same.

In case you missed it, May 11th at 10:00 is the tentative date and time at the moment.

Last thing is I would like to get a more concrete count on all that are coming.

Well I'm pretty certain I'm coming, barring anything unforseen. What I don't know is if I'll ride the 550 miles from home or if I'll trailer the NC700X down (I know, call me a wimp). Having a Goldwing 1800 for long trips, the NC is mainly a day tripper. I'm not planning on setting the NC up with much luggage capacity, just the frunk and a tailbag. I plan to camp around the Smokies either way, and do plenty of riding while I'm there.

I plan to stay at least Friday thru Sunday. Tent camping anywhere that works out for the group is fine with me. The motorhome would be overkill so I'll leave that at home, but I may or may not come with a van and trailer.

Greg

Last edited:
the rolling couch has spoiled you lol. It's understandable though. last year I rode from saint Lewis to outside of where the Dragon is on my cbr, that was rough.

If I go I will be camping somewhere, probably Fontana Dam. It would have to be close enough to meet or there is no point in going. It would be nice if all of the campers are in one location as the best times are usually spent around a campfire. I can't commit to anything this early. There are too many variables in my life right now and I'm planning on camping in MO the weekend before.
Mike

Spent lunch looking at tents and sleeping bags so I’m planning to camp Fr, Sat, and Sun nights. Of the 2 sights you posted I liked Hunt’s Lodge the best.

Hunt's is a great place on the western side of the Cherohala Skyway. That would make a terrific gathering place as far as amenities go since Tellico Plains is nearby. It's just on the other side of the mountain, so to speak from Deal's Gap and it is often too foggy to ride over Cherohala in the morning but a 1000 meeting time should be long enough for fog to lift is there is any. I'd rather stay there than Fontana. I thought someone had already mentioned Fontana so I didn't want to rock the boat.
Mike

I have stayed at Hunts and it is nice. If you are not camping and prefer a traditional motel I suggest the Phillips Motel right in Robbinsville. It's clean and reasonable.

Back