Service manual/CD

Outrider1

Reaction score
Stopped at the Honda dealer today to pick up my center stand and asked the parts guy about a 2018 nc750x service manual. He told me the price of the manual was around $90 but I could get a CD online for around $5 or so. I looked and found neither on line.

Outside of purchasing a manual from the dealer what has the collective here found?

670cc

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Mods
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This topic is frequently brought up.

Honda uses Helm, Inc to distribute official copyrighted paper Honda motorcycle service manuals. Period.

Any hard copy manual not originally distributed by Helm is a stolen copy. I am not aware that Honda ever released the service manual on CD.

Forum rules prevent posting links to sources of stolen copyrighted material.

potter0o

Site Supporter
Reaction score
two others were higher priced, anyone know why or what differnce?
My free internet opinion is they just have different model year ranges. A certain number were printed of each version turning into a retail price based on cost. Perhaps they printed more copies of the newer one which brought the cost down. You would think they would do it the opposite way of reducing the cost of the old one and raising the new one. Their contact number is 800-782-4356. Perhaps they can shed some light on your question...or cut you a deal on one of those old, dated, expired (etc.) manuals :)

Outrider1

Reaction score
My free internet opinion is they just have different model year ranges. A certain number were printed of each version turning into a retail price based on cost. Perhaps they printed more copies of the newer one which brought the cost down. You would think they would do it the opposite way of reducing the cost of the old one and raising the new one. Their contact number is 800-782-4356. Perhaps they can shed some light on your question...or cut you a deal on one of those old, dated, expired (etc.) manuals :)
This helps tremendously, I'll give them a call tomorrow.