• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Senior Lady on brand new '21 NC750xd...my experience so far

When you price the 2021 NC luggage set, which might be around $2000 (US) if I remember right, the Givi stuff looks somewhat modestly price.

"Genuine Honda Accessories" is Japanese for you still need to buy two more accessories in order to install the first accessory you bought.
Yes the Honda stuff is extremely expensive. Figuring out exactly what was needed to install the Honda bags on my buddy's 2019 has been a nightmare, especially since the one lock body and wave key that was supposed to come with the bags themselves and didn't (why you only get one when you need two is beyond me), and has now been on backorder since April? We did order a second lock body. Zero mounting instructions. Zero instructions for putting anything together.

Were I to put hard bags on my NC I'd probably go Givi, but I'm a soft bags kinda guy so I don't have to worry about that kind of stuff.

When you price the 2021 NC luggage set, which might be around $2000 (US) if I remember right, the Givi stuff looks somewhat modestly price.

"Genuine Honda Accessories" is Japanese for you still need to buy two more accessories in order to install the first accessory you bought.

very true, but 2K for a bike with an MSRP new of 8K and change... That's a pretty penny.

Is the 2021 luggage different than previous models? I bought everything but the top box for my 2013 NC for $954 shipped from a Honda dealer up north I found on ebay. This included the new grab handles, rear rack center piece, upper and lower brackets, both side cases, and lock set. I have not priced the top box, but figure it is around $300-400? And of course, if you were to pay a dealer to install all of this, you could probably expect a $2k bill...but maybe doing it yourself can put you in a full luggage kit for $1,300 or so?

Is the 2021 luggage different than previous models? I bought everything but the top box for my 2013 NC for $954 shipped from a Honda dealer up north I found on ebay. This included the new grab handles, rear rack center piece, upper and lower brackets, both side cases, and lock set. I have not priced the top box, but figure it is around $300-400? And of course, if you were to pay a dealer to install all of this, you could probably expect a $2k bill...but maybe doing it yourself can put you in a full luggage kit for $1,300 or so?
I don't have the prices in front of me for 2021 luggage, but when I looked it up I wrote a post on it. I'm quoting myself below.

"Even more astounding is the 50 liter topcase that sits on that $400 rack is an additional $426. Oh wait, add another $253 for the top case inner bag and the top case lock. And do you want side panniers with that? Ka-ching!$!$. That’ll be another $1,220. Now that is just the basic set. Surely you want to add the trim panels? Yes?$

I thought the Honda accessories for the 2012 model were high priced, but Honda has clearly outdone themselves for 2021."

Welcome back to riding and good luck with your new bike. I highly recommend joining a BMW club if one is available in your area. The BMW Motorcycle Owners of America has a list of clubs here: https://www.bmwmoa.org/page/clubs The official policy of the national club is to accept all brands for membership: I've been a member of the BMW Motorcycle Owners of Vermont for 16 years, I owned a BMW G650GS for 3 of those years and joined the club while riding a Honda Silver Wing scooter, 6 years on the NC700XD and now for the past year on a Yamaha Xmax 300 scooter with a Honda PC800 between the G650GS and the NCXD thrown in for good measure.

Welcome back to riding and good luck with your new bike. I highly recommend joining a BMW club if one is available in your area. The BMW Motorcycle Owners of America has a list of clubs here: https://www.bmwmoa.org/page/clubs The official policy of the national club is to accept all brands for membership: I've been a member of the BMW Motorcycle Owners of Vermont for 16 years, I owned a BMW G650GS for 3 of those years and joined the club while riding a Honda Silver Wing scooter, 6 years on the NC700XD and now for the past year on a Yamaha Xmax 300 scooter with a Honda PC800 between the G650GS and the NCXD thrown in for good measure.
I second the suggestion about joining BMWMOA through a local chapter. Local chapters offer a variety of activities and generally emphasize safety and skill building and I found camaraderie extended to me as a Honda owner when I did not own a BMW. Most of my riding friends I met over the years were fellow MOA members.

I don't have the prices in front of me for 2021 luggage, but when I looked it up I wrote a post on it. I'm quoting myself below.

"Even more astounding is the 50 liter topcase that sits on that $400 rack is an additional $426. Oh wait, add another $253 for the top case inner bag and the top case lock. And do you want side panniers with that? Ka-ching!$!$. That’ll be another $1,220. Now that is just the basic set. Surely you want to add the trim panels? Yes?$

I thought the Honda accessories for the 2012 model were high priced, but Honda has clearly outdone themselves for 2021."
As to aftermarket prices,
Givi luggage and racks are priced fairly and installed well.
SW-Motech crash bars, not yet installed, are great.
Barkbusters are my favorite hand guards.
Really happy with Oxford heated grips.
Will install Honda center stand (possibly more expensive than SW-Motech center stand for NC750S).

As to aftermarket prices,
Givi luggage and racks are priced fairly and installed well.
SW-Motech crash bars, not yet installed, are great.
Barkbusters are my favorite hand guards.
Really happy with Oxford heated grips.
Will install Honda center stand (possibly more expensive than SW-Motech center stand for NC750S).
Here is my sweetheart yesterday on the Hood Canal Bridge, WA waiting for the draw bridge to give us the green light.
As the song goes, "She's Back in the Saddle Again" 6 months cancer free.
She looks beautiful on a motorcycle.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1632182595106.jpg
    FB_IMG_1632182595106.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 39
I bought everything but the top box for my 2013 NC for $954 shipped from a Honda dealer up north I found on ebay.
Wow! I got all of the stuff for my 2013 top box on eBay as well, and the total was just under $500 ($499.60) with shipping. The box itself was $295, and maybe have been "open box" or "used like new", but it came still in the original wrapping foam.

Thank you. Honestly I got tired of hearing naysayers saying that without a manual clutch it is impossible to do slow speed work on a DCT bike.

The yellow and red pattern I made by hand from strips of reflective tape.
Hi can you use the rear brake to modulate your speed with the DCT, that what I do and you can ride at walking pace?

E22 cases look great on my wife's NC750X.
Mounted forward or backward.
View attachment 46313
Really want to get these. Question: Maybe I missed it but what is the p/n for the racks for these E22 cases? And I might have messed up...I got the R-Gaza top rack because I like the looks and functionality of them; however, how do I know if I get the side rack for these E22 cases that it will still fit even though I've installed the R-Gaza top rack...here's a picture of it.

Attachments

• R-Gaza Rack.jpg
    R-Gaza Rack.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 14
The Give side case rack I used is the PLO1192MK which is suitable for mounting a Givi top case rack as well. I believe Givi has a different part number if you do not mount a Givi top case rack.

"...Set and hold a steady fast idle and modulate speed with the rear brake...Dave"

Control at walking speed is still one of my weak points with my NC-DCT, even after 6 yrs of ownership and 35k miles. I've tried using the rear brake but I'm honestly clumsy with it. If the NC was my only bike, I would have mastered this technique long ago but I also have a bike with normal hand clutch and split time between bikes.

And switching bikes keeps electrons flowing in the gray matter between my ears as it requires a constant rethink!

Last edited:
The Give side case rack I used is the PLO1192MK which is suitable for mounting a Givi top case rack as well. I believe Givi has a different part number if you do not mount a Givi top case rack.
Thanks. I guess I go to the Givi site to find out? Since I already have this R-Gaza top rack, I'm hoping they can answer this for me as I really like it.

Back