• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

seat slope fix issue, squeak not click

mtiberio

Reaction score
gjm.site90.com
was pumping my suspension up and down and thought I heard a click, so I investigated it more once I got to the garage...

discovered that I had a squeak (not a click) coming from the front end of the bike when I pumped both front and back up and down together. pump the front only, no squeak. pump the rear only, no squeak. brakes made no difference. squeak happened on the up stroke. finallly figured out that the frunk lid was doing the squeaking. held it open, no squeak. dampened it with my hand, no squeak. seems the gap between the lid and the body was opening and closing while I was doing the pumping. decided to pull my seat slope fix spacers. probably not a bad idea since I recently installed a corbin, and never tried it without the spacers (they were glued in place). re-installed the saddle normally. pump it up and down, no squeak.

just my $0.02... saw a thread somewhere on front end clicks recently, and perhaps a frunk lid squeak is what they are experiencing... seems moving the tongue of the saddle on top of the bracket is placing a load on the rear of the frunk lid mount, yanking it back under loading and causing this issue. I wonder if this has any impact on frunk lock failures?

Last edited:
Back