• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Seat mod......slope change

I like the slope better. But only 120 miles riding today, so until my Sit & Fly arrives and I put it on, I'm not certain yet whether it'll be all I desire for a long day in the saddle...
Where are you getting your sit & fly? And for how much?

Where are you getting your sit & fly? And for how much?
eBay, $19 shipped from overseas. I got the largest size because for these types of seats they recommend installing with staples (video showing this process on youtube). But I think I'll install with zip ties bridging across underneath like I did on my WR250R -- that gave it a form-fit look that does not shift around in dirt-style riding.

eBay, $19 shipped from overseas. I got the largest size because for these types of seats they recommend installing with staples (video showing this process on youtube). But I think I'll install with zip ties bridging across underneath like I did on my WR250R -- that gave it a form-fit look that does not shift around in dirt-style riding.
Post a pic when done and let us know if it works as well as you hope sounds like a good cheap mod

Update on my cheap and quick seat mod. Changed it to 2 inches washers, 5 on each side. so far no sagging or bending from the side of the seat bracket. View attachment 23370View attachment 23371View attachment 23372

Ok, i tried this one, but i may seem that it only works on the "S"-version of the NC. At least on the X it changes the whole geometry of the lid/frunk/screws and you migh rise it only about 2mm before the lid won't close anymore.
Could bend the whole metal-hinge/thing but then you'd have to remove the lid first. All in all, not as a quick solution (for the X) as it initially seemed.

Thought I would add my name to the list of people who have tried the "showkey seat mod". I was quite surprised and pleased at what a difference it made to the comfort. Seat replacement was at the top of my list for this coming winter and now I am not so sure.

8f2598a0184c615bc7b9fe34c4c736f6.jpg

This is the finished product. It doesn't look good, but it works and stays hidden under the seat. Cost less than $10 with the aluminum, the washers, and the longer bolts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SO DOES THE TONGUE sit under the alum, or on top of it?

Just got my NC, first thing I noticed was the slope. Was in the middle of reading this thread when SWMBO said we were going shopping. Picked up my chair leg tips at Wallyy World. Aluminum strap and self tapping screws are one hand. Pics to follow. :)

For those seeking further seat mods, contact Spencer at Spencers Seat Mods - Home Page - Custom Motorcycle Seats, Motorcycle Seat Modifications, Motorcycle Seat Mods many ST1300 folks credit him with saving their ride. Modify stocks seat invisibly. Tell him George sent ya.

I did it, same as pictured here multiple times. Drilled thru the sides of the stock piece, added my aluminum "U" with a couple self tapping screws. Cut the chair tips as suggested, and put the seat back on. I've only ridden a few miles but noticeable difference. I think I'll like it.

That said, the suggestion back a few posts to add spacers under the stock piece makes a lot of sense. I may do that at some point. Either way is easily reversable.

new shed and stuff 002.jpgnew shed and stuff 003.jpg

While I was at it, I built this "crutch" to lift the rear wheel for chain maintenance. A lot cheaper than a center stand and lighter to. Since it's adjustable, I can also use it as a 4th point of contact when parked. I've had wind blow a bike over when it's just on the side stand. Reminded of this idea by another thread on this post but I've similar in the past, 'specially at home on my dirt bikes.

new shed and stuff 006.jpg

Did my seat mod today. I didn't do the bracket yet but just the chair tips with some nickels inside for support.

d35f3fd8cd8c6dd447db9500a5395502.jpg

Does anyone on this thread know if the seat on the 2016 or 2017 models was improved by Honda? I want to get another newer bike but it would sure be nice not to have to struggle with another seat from Corbin. Good seat, but required a visit to the factory to finally get it right.

20,000 on my seat mod and still working great.
39ba181553cb159b3965327984372cdf.jpg

8b87140d112197f4cbffb5a062239ace.jpg

609e9cbfceaef373eecd6e70e0180066.jpg

Live life,be yourself !!!!.

I see you have the TUSK panniers mounted.
I've been eyeballing these as they seem affordable and very rugged.
Could I trouble to ask how you mounted the boxes to the mounting rails? And what rail system did you end up with?
Any pics or if you have already done a thread please point it out!
Bike looks great!'Thanks in advance!

These were mounted on a set of GIVI racks.I just removed the GIVI hardware ( quick releases) and mounted the panniers to the holes.
These panniers are now on my new KLR,but the backs had sooooo many holes from all the bikes I've had them on that I put a sheet of aluminum over the backs last weekend.
b691592d62ca4afd79ee731106b3dabb.jpg

8fee41468415b347075cd902648fade8.jpg

597e92f699b8c4dae3271af83feeb807.jpg

Booya!!!

Just finished my seat mod today and oh man does it make a difference. Glad I did it early as I only have a couple hundred miles on the bike but already I can tell its much more comfortable. Thanks for all the help on this one. Now I don't need to buy a seat and can get me a touring screen.

Attachments

• 20170514_160458.jpg
    20170514_160458.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 724
  • 20170514_162109.jpg
    20170514_162109.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 638
  • 20170514_163010.jpg
    20170514_163010.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 721
  • 20170514_163037.jpg
    20170514_163037.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 717
I like the slope better. But only 120 miles riding today, so until my Sit & Fly arrives and I put it on, I'm not certain yet whether it'll be all I desire for a long day in the saddle...
After hearing greenboy talk up sit-n-fly seat covers here and on another thread I decided to buy one, I've had it sitting around awhile and just installed it right before a trip I took that started Saturday and I just got back a couple hours ago. Anyway, huge improvement I highly recommend, no more sweaty butt, I'm sure it helps slightly with vibrations or something but either way I was in the saddle for 15 hours and my butt was comfortable the whole time. As for installation I used zip ties across the center (quick and easy) but for the top (by the frunk) and the rear it took to many because of the angles so I used ribbon that my wife had and sowed it like a corset and synched it all together (sorry no pics I was rushing last minute prepping for the trip the night before) highly recommend getting a sit-n-fly seat cover
f88011c7c2a600603b66dc918cb755f2.jpg

Last edited:
no monkey butt -- a bigger change in long-term comfort than one might suspect ; }

Proud new owner of a 2014 NC700S here. Took all of about 30 minutes to realize that the seat really sucks. Just wondering if anyone has tried to cure the forward slope issue by trimming off foam from the rearward portion of the seat?

Thoughts?

Proud new owner of a 2014 NC700S here. Took all of about 30 minutes to realize that the seat really sucks. Just wondering if anyone has tried to cure the forward slope issue by trimming off foam from the rearward portion of the seat?

Thoughts?

Because the frame slopes upward toward the rear, the seat isn’t very thick at the back. If you trim much foam you might be sitting on the plastic seat pan.

You have an S? Or is it an X?

Okay thanks. Figured there was a reason why. Truthfully, it pretty much feels like I am already sitting on the seat pan! (very uncomfortable seat.)

My bike is actually an S type. Which means I cant just order a Sargent seat to fit. Spoke with them yesterday and owners of S models must send in their seat for a custom seat job. Off the shelf seats for the X wont fit the S models. Their price was about the same BUT I will be without my seat for about four weeks. Bummer.

May have to just lift the front like everyone else is doing. I just hate to have that gap between the seat and “frunk”.

I did the front lift on my 700X. It was better than stock, but I also did not like the space between the seat and the flunk.
So I went to Corbin Seats in Hollister, CA and bought a Corbin front seat only for my NC700X. It was a lot better with no slope forward and more cushioning at the rear of the front seat.
Good luck,
PCG

Back