• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question Seat height question (NC750X)

StanTheMan

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,
I have a question about the seat height on an NC750X (2014).
The seat height appears to be 830 mm (32.7 inches).
Does anyone own this bike who is 178 cm tall (5 ft 10 inches), with an inseam of 75 cm (29.5 inches)?
I would like to know, are your feet flat on the ground when you sit on the bike?

Thanks,

Stan

Thanks for the reply! Would you say your heels are 1 or 2 inches of the ground? Do you usually have one foot flat and the other up in the air, or both feet up? By the way, you can lower the bike 1 inch with a kit if you're interested.

Last edited:
My 32 inch inseam allows me to flat foot, but my 68 year old body makes it hard to get a leg over.:)
I'm in the same boat as you.
The NC750 is for me, the best motorcycle I have owned.
I thought my last bike, a Goldwing F6B, was my best bike ever, but this one is just so much more versatile and less one dimensional than the F6B.

Oh, do you think it's not so important? That's interesting, and somehow...reassuring!
I'm a little less than 167 cm tall and 72 cm inseam so If I had to flat foot I'd be relegated to riding cruisers or push bikes. I just learned to cope so I could ride the bikes I wanted to with confidence. Lowering a bike involves compromising handling or suspension travel or both and since I don't have to flatfoot I haven't had to go this route. On my NCs I actually raised the standard ride height with suspension tuning and seat mods.

Last edited:
I didn't watch the whole video... I went right to 21:00 or so. I wasn't impressed how he passed another motorcycle in the same lane about 21:30 but maybe that's how they do it there.

I was about the same with the feet as that guy:

Hey, check out this guy. He rides an NC750X and he's 5 ft 5. You can see how his feet are at 21:43 in the video
Uggh, bare arms and hands, athletic shoes . . . I couldn’t watch any more than a minute or so.

Uggh, bare arms and hands, athletic shoes . . . I couldn’t watch any more than a minute or so.
I know right? "All the gear, all the time" is a good phrase I've heard. And the overtaking was risky as Dduelin said. I've noticed on my trousers (pants) it says 33x30 so actually I guess I have a 30 inch inseam, an extra half an inch woo hoo!

I'm 5'9/10ish with probably 29ish inseam I forget exactly. I can't flat foot it unless I slide up to the front of the seat, then I can sometimes get both feet flatish.

I never have felt like I needed to have both feet flat though. I put my left foot down sometimes flat sometimes on the ball of my foot when stopped. If I need to walk the bike I'll use both feet on the balls works just fine even if I have to backup up a slope.

I dont think I would put both feet down even if I could, feels like a weird posture for this type of bike.

I didn't watch the whole video... I went right to 21:00 or so. I wasn't impressed how he passed another motorcycle in the same lane about 21:30 but maybe that's how they do it there.

I was about the same with the feet as that guy:

Oh that's your video! Cool~ Yeah, your feet are about the same as the guy in the video from Singapore. I've come to think flat-footing it is not so important anyway. Thanks to everyone for all the replies!

Thanks for the reply! Would you say your heels are 1 or 2 inches of the ground? Do you usually have one foot flat and the other up in the air, or both feet up? By the way, you can lower the bike 1 inch with a kit if you're interested.
Probably 1 inch for both, 2 inches if I put the other foot flat. I'm not interested in lowering the bike. It's not worth it for me.

Back